Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by afropanda View Post
ubiboot.dmesg
http://pastebin.com/wg0T8Vmm

ubiboot.log
http://pastebin.com/wUPDDK4p

According to your ubiboot.log at least Nemo partition is OK and kernel was found and loaded correctly:
Code:
Aug 22 18:15:21 (none) user.notice root: Selecting Nemo OS, running kernel /boot/Nemo/boot/bzImage
Aug 22 18:15:22 (none) user.notice root: kexec_load() successful
Aug 22 18:15:22 (none) user.notice root: Restarting to selected OS
Aug 22 18:15:22 (none) user.notice root: Saving ubiboot log files
So, whatever the problem now is in the domain of Nemo, and not in domain of ubiboot.

How does the device behave exactly when you try to start up Nemo?
Does it just hang with black screen but possibly running SW or does it turn the power off?

(You can determine if it is running or turned off by behaviour when you quickly press and release the power button. Do not keep it held, just press quickly.
If it is powered OFF, the power led will blink once. If it is hung or blind but power ON, led will not blink)

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
According to your ubiboot.log at least Nemo partition is OK and kernel was found and loaded correctly:
Code:
Aug 22 18:15:21 (none) user.notice root: Selecting Nemo OS, running kernel /boot/Nemo/boot/bzImage
Aug 22 18:15:22 (none) user.notice root: kexec_load() successful
Aug 22 18:15:22 (none) user.notice root: Restarting to selected OS
Aug 22 18:15:22 (none) user.notice root: Saving ubiboot log files
So, whatever the problem now is in the domain of Nemo, and not in domain of ubiboot.

How does the device behave exactly when you try to start up Nemo?
Does it just hang with black screen but possibly running SW or does it turn the power off?

(You can determine if it is running or turned off by behaviour when you quickly press and release the power button. Do not keep it held, just press quickly.
If it is powered OFF, the power led will blink once. If it is hung or blind but power ON, led will not blink)
I pressed it and the led did not blink so i assume its the second one.

Maybe the destination of my Nemo is wrong, based on the walkthrough it should create a folder with a name Alt_OS but mine it didnt,so I created manually and put it in /media . May I know where is the Alt_OS should be located?

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Russia
Alt_OS should be the mmcblk0p4 partition and the point of moounting does not matter. The firts boot can be very slow, so try to wait ~30min or check the release of Nemo and Its unpacking.

where will i see that mmcblk0p4

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Do command "/sbin/sfdisk -l /dev/mmcblk0" as root.
You sould see 4 partitions.

edit:
-----------

Besides, based on your log the Nemo kernel was loaded correctly by ubiboot so I am fairly sure you do have to have something there....

And the fact that the power led did not blink suggests that some kernel is running....

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-08-23 at 17:28. Reason: added info

yes i do have 4 partitions

My turn to have issues while installing....

Baseline is my existing PR1.3 install on top of which I have executed:

flasher -f -F main.bin -R
Followed by:
flasher -a main.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix --flash-only=kernel -f -R

I can (apparently) install correctly the openmode kernel as it keeps my passwords upon reboot.

After that, I skip everything related to Nemo and I jump to flashing Ubiboot with:

D:\Nokia\Flasher>flasher -a main.bin -k zImage_2.6.32.54-ubiboot-02_040613 --flash-only=kernel -f -R

After reboot, I can see the Moslo maintenance screen. Once I unplugged USB, I go to graphical multiboot. I click on the Meego guys and then select "Open mode +L2 fix" (or so).
Cool animation, black screen, some USB sound disconnecting and.... that's it.

If I select Nitdroid (e-eyes fix...), same problem.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2013 @ Russia
@KTy have you put neccesarry kernels to the /boot folder and edited ubiboot.conf?

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
And/or also put cpio in correct place? You did mention but I assume you did?
You may check the /var/log/ubiboot* logs in maintenance mode for what's going wrong.

juiceme's readme is very clear and.there is also a wiki page.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature