Notices

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Instantaneous values of location error range from 5 to 100+ meters on my N900. Typical values in the city 20-25 meters and more. Nonetheless I have no problems at all thanks to the OpenStreetMaps.
As said, Garmins have their problems as well. I saw people walking to and fro to find the right spot, and they claimed walking at 5 km/h helped getting more accuracy. Out in the open, with hardly any trees around. So we're doing quite well with the N900, IMO.

Is there a way of disabling the (power consuming) GPS functions in AGTL? My GPS is broken, but maybe I could still use AGTL for paperless caching, geocaching database and online tool for anything (anything but the GPS, indeed).

(Yes I do have a Nokia N9 as well. After 2 hours of geocaching in the cold, it just gives up. No battery change possible, so that is pretty hopeless...)

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Is there a way of disabling the (power consuming) GPS functions in AGTL?
I do not remember any setting in AGTL itself (why should it be there? ). But you may just got to system settings - GPS/location settings - and disable the GPS itself. Then, after starting any app needing GPS, you will always be asked once if you wish to activate. Just deny and you are good.

Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
(Yes I do have a Nokia N9 as well. After 2 hours of geocaching in the cold, it just gives up. No battery change possible, so that is pretty hopeless...)
Yes, also have the N9 as toy now, but 90% using my N900(s).
Double-scud!
(just need/looking for an otterbox for outdoor activities...)

Get yourself another one!

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Any news about this app? I've been using it on my n9 and it is almost perfect.

It keeps asking for internet connection, doesn't keep any map info for offline use, it doesn't download any logs for any cache, and it doesn't actually refresh the cache list (I have actually tried to refresh it and it keeps telling some caches are online when they already are offline in the website).

Other than that, I think it is pretty much the best geocaching application for the n9, and I've been using it extensively. Just wondering if it is still on development or just stopped, since I haven't seen any updates for quite some time.

Any news about this app? I've been using it on my n9 and it is almost perfect.

It keeps asking for internet connection, doesn't keep any map info for offline use, it doesn't download any logs for any cache, and it doesn't actually refresh the cache list (I have actually tried to refresh it and it keeps telling some caches are online when they already are offline in the website).

Other than that, I think it is pretty much the best geocaching application for the n9, and I've been using it extensively. Just wondering if it is still on development or just stopped, since I haven't seen any updates for quite some time.

Dear all, it seems to me that the cachedownloader no longer works. Geocaching.com proudly announced a new geocache details page, and as far as I can see a lot of anchors changed.

Does anytime have an old html source of a details page? I'm volunteering to search for differences, and suggest changes to the code.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Oh no!
But that was expected to happen sooner or later, or?

I fear I have no site cached here, maybe ask webhamster/daniel? Will he support you? Or hopefully he may throw together an update?
And if you need any help/tests/..., contact me.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Today, i succesfully downloaded geocaches for my rainy trip. I have PARTIALLY working agtl. It's available at http://pedro.propsychology.cz/agtl . There are some changes for my environment. I don't have Maemo, Nokia etc. I run AGTL on Neo FreeRunner and on ordinary PC with Slackware linux.

Probably it's enough do download cachedownloader.py.

Because i don't have archived groudspeak web pages, it was i little bit diicult to explore the changes.

The major change todays is that on list of geocaches there is no GUID. It's only at geocaches with some trackables inside.Because the print-friendly version of listing of single geocache probably requiere GUID (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cdpf.aspx?guid=%s], it's not usable. I changed the parser for list of geocaches and, because i don't have GUID, a call function _parse_cache_page instead of _parse_cache_page_print. Download geocaches now implies downloading all details.
I also changed the method for status of the cache (disabled, archived). It seems to be working.
Fetching logs doesn't work.
Downloading images is disabled (i don't need images). This is hardcoced (by Webhamster, i don't know why]. You can simply change "download_images = False" to "download_images = True" in cachedownloader.py.

Sometimes on some geocache there is error "list index out of range". I don't know why yet.

Don't use "Fetch details for visible". All details are fetched already when "Download geocaches" function is used.

I'm sorry, i'm not programmer and my english is terrible, but i hope, someone (maybe Webhamster) can use ideas in my version.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pedro42 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Finland
Daniel has updated the Python scripts from version 32 to 35 and it should work now. At least I got everything working by installing 0.9.1.1 version and then updating scripts from the app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ranto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Using 0.9.1.1 v.35 on N9 (MeeGo)
I have returning core.py don't answer messages round 10-15 seconds between!
Anyone knows what's wrong?

Last edited by Garp; 2013-09-03 at 09:40.