Active Topics

Originally Posted by jgallen23 View Post
I got Host.sh to work in osso-statusbar, but I can't get Otg.sh. Any ideas?
To work? Or is it not there?

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Costa Rica
Seagate is introducing its Seagate D.A.V.E. platform, which will give users 60 GB wirelessly through a wireless hard drive. How's that for iPod storage envy?

The Seagate Digital Audio Video Experience will enable your smartphone and handheld to connect to the drive via WiFi or Bluetooth. Data can also be transferred via USB through a PC.

http://msmobiles.com/news.php/7021.html

Originally Posted by xxM5xx View Post
This does work. The hard drive had to be reformatted away from NTFS. I used FAT32 and the N800 file manager sees the files and folders on the external drive.
what if i were to use ext2 format on the drive, since the n800 is linux based, it should work, shouldn't it?

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
How much more difficult would it be to run these commands from the "command line in the CPU monitor on the desktop.... Since I can't imagine that these commands are something that are used a lot. furthermore, what is the default, and does it have to be "turned off" to save battery power to the port? Any help, suggestions would be appreciated.

The Nokias need ext2/ext3 loaded as kernel modules but they should recognize the format. (The native filesystem is jffs2 for the tablets and most embedded systems or those that use flash only). You could also have maybe found and loaded an ntfs (or fuse-ntfs) kernel module to access NTFS natively.

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
Originally Posted by jenova13 View Post
what if i were to use ext2 format on the drive, since the n800 is linux based, it should work, shouldn't it?
- it should work *very* well...

(i hooked up a 120GB Maxtor USB drive that had been partitioned ext2/HFS+ ; attached to my n800 in host mode and BADA BING! - the ext2 partition appeared in the File Manager; alas, no HFS+ support in the stock os2008 kernel)

Does this approach work the same on the N810 even though it has the microUSB port?

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.
Originally Posted by dwf View Post
Does this approach work the same on the N810 even though it has the microUSB port?
- it *should*, but i do not have an N810 (YMMV)...

(there's no reason it should not - the host mode is available under os2008 and that's what you're running on the n810)

For my iPod with hfsplus, it just needed the kernel module:
http://homepage.mac.com/tz1/.Public/n810/hfsplus.ko
(and some fidgeting to create a loop device displaced to the partition)
This was on an n810

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
Same problem here, ony I can not get any media drives working Flash,Hard drive, USB cdrom. I just get the "can not connect , no file system availabe" message and it never shows up in the File manager