Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Try installing ssh client and server. That'll allow you to ssh root@localhost (after setting up your own password). I don't think there's any other easy way to get root access without gainroot or putting it in red pill mode.

And where did you get Pidgin N800 LED Plugin @ maemo.jabber.dk? It looks interesting.

Edit: Found the Pidgin thing thru google.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by handful View Post
@Rjoudrey :

the path is :
/home/user/.canola/covers/

and...

"You need two files : one called cover-small.jpg, sized at 150x150, the other cover.jpg, sized at 300x300. Also, directory name is case sensitive, for example if your Album field in the ID3 tag is Something To Live For, then your directory has to be named Something To Live For, not Something to live for (same goes for Artist name)."

@e-motion :

"
Can't wait to see upcoming updates that will add features. A few things I'd like to eventually see added :

1) Use the button on the wire headset that came with the ITT as a pause button"

Yes, this is a simple and neat idea. It will be there!
"
2) Add internet streaming TV channels under video (can do that with OS media player already)
"
Yeah, we have some experienced guys with videocenter application =) can be there.. maybe on the second but probably there.. or, as a third party.

"
3) As suggested earlier, a directory of online radio/TV stations would be cool
"
I'm already looking to see if it's completely legal to send the install file with their URLs

"
4) Integrate the Album Covers and Video Thumbnails wizards inside Canola
"
Most of it will be, but downloading :/ seems like never, as we cannot make any deals with labels : /

"
5) Zoom/scroll and automatic rotation of pictures
"
Zoom is coming, we just need to make sure it doesn't kill your music playback (or halts it)
scroll panning is also on the tablet..

The automatic rotation... you mean reading from exif right? it's in our plans =)

So we are pretty much aligned hun? =)

Br

Marcelo
Good news all around I see

As for the cover downloading, wouldn't have that taken care of as an "obvious" plug-in that needs to be added in Canola by the end-user shield you legally ?

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Yes, but integrated we mean "comes pre installed" =)
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

I get the "unable to install" message on my N810 (OS2008). After that it says it is installed, but when I run it, nothing happens. I would like to know what needs to be done to get it to install and work. At this point I don't have a working canola on my system.

I knew I could come up with something :

6) Ability to add bookmarks to audio/video files being played, which would allow a future resume to last point

I use my ITT at work a lot but I'm constantly interrupted (how dare they ? ), sometimes for long period of times so I shut it down, but then if I don't remember where I left off, it takes me a few minutes to go back to that part...

I get "unable to install" doing either the upgrade for full install of beta2 on my N810 (OS2008). Canola is installed after the error but it doesn't run.

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by handful View Post
@mwiktowy : interesting this sounds like a "regular" bug that we must have introduced with the player. Can you open a bug on garage?
I will do so tonight.

/Mike

Originally Posted by cmarcelo View Post
absolofdoom, it helped a lot, thanks :-)

It seems that you have an old dependency. Could you check the version of your python2.5-efl-utils package, and try to upgrade it to the latest version?
I checked the application manager, but I can't find anything that says python2.5-efl-utils in my installed packages, maybe it isn't installed?

Any reason why 'canola -vv' isnt working in xterm?

says it is invalid

Os 2007 HE N770

Last edited by Denvar; 2008-02-02 at 17:19.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@DWF :
"I get "unable to install" doing either the upgrade for full install of beta2 on my N810 (OS2008). Canola is installed after the error but it doesn't run.
Reply With Quote"

Hi this is a issue that is happening since the release yesterday, please refer back in the thread for more info.

But what's happening looks like dependencies problems that can be caused by several reasons, (specially repositories that don't work well together)

so, the tip is : fully unninstall (not by the application manager) reboot and to a install using the terminal.. not the application manager.

It has worked for others in the thread.

So :

Remove canola (logged as root )

apt-get -f remove canola2
then remove all the other dependencies:
apt-get --purge --force-yes -y remove libevas0 libecore0 libeet0 libembryo0 libdownloadmanager0

reboot and try again.

BR
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread