Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
So first things first: I really like that script and I am greatly impressed. A thank you is definitely not enough

Originally Posted by wolke View Post
1) Why do you want the state out of the config file? It's quite convenient for me to have it all in one file.
while this sounds like semantic whining, its true that its really not config, its persistent state. this means that if i treat the config file like a config file, im actually messing with the state. the only time this is REALLY important is when backing up and restoring your config file. config should be static and safe to change any time.
You are right that it's state saving but I also hate moving it into .cache where it can be cleared accidentally. I assure you you can mess with the date and time stamp and no files will be overwritten though

3) flash obeys the scene mode.
ugh, ok
But would a hidden setting work for you?

4) Sounds like a good idea. Not sure how to fit that in the UI though. I think it should be part of the bottom toolbar but there is not much space...

But really, I tried decreasing the brightness of my N950, pointed camera to a big lamp and it's not really bright at all.

BTW: You have really weird use-cases
YAAAY! i would love this feature! however, i dont think it needs to be in the toolbar.

all the lighting concerns are from a single use case: taking pics in a small, dark music venue without blinding the folks on stage or immediately behind you.
But it's a valid use case and from an important user -if not contributer- so let's see:
The opacity of the viewfinder itself cannot be decreased. It's a limitation of Harmattan itself and trust me on that
I can however try to dim the screen as much as possible but I can also draw a semi transparent black rectangle on top.

But how often do you access the settings ?
not often, i just like to see at a glance what the settings are.
I'd rather wait a bit until I manage to redesign settings.

Really the UI has changed since the first release. It's just a matter of time!

Using quotes in this forum is a painful thing

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
glad the script is useful. hah, yea, quotes are messy, so ill skip em.

re filenames: i personally clear .config/ files all the time with my auto-config scripts, and i delete things in .cache/ absolutely never under any circumstances.
after all, .cache holds all the texts and call logs.
when writing my auto-config scripts, its the difference between writing a script to parse + selectively edit the config file + reassemble it, and just replacing the config file with rsync.
when the config file changes dynamically without editing the settings, i have to do the parsing thing. when it sits still unless a config changes, i can just rsync it. but lots of things keep their state nestled up inside of their config, so its not a big deal, just a small inconvenience.

re flash-disabled: a hidden setting wouldnt be very useful, since i use flash often. this feature isnt essential, its just a way to prevent accidental blinding of performers.

The Following User Says Thank You to wolke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Pinch zooming would be ok

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wolke View Post
glad the script is useful. hah, yea, quotes are messy, so ill skip em.

re filenames: i personally clear .config/ files all the time with my auto-config scripts, and i delete things in .cache/ absolutely never under any circumstances.
after all, .cache holds all the texts and call logs.
when writing my auto-config scripts, its the difference between writing a script to parse + selectively edit the config file + reassemble it, and just replacing the config file with rsync.
when the config file changes dynamically without editing the settings, i have to do the parsing thing. when it sits still unless a config changes, i can just rsync it. but lots of things keep their state nestled up inside of their config, so its not a big deal, just a small inconvenience.

re flash-disabled: a hidden setting wouldnt be very useful, since i use flash often. this feature isnt essential, its just a way to prevent accidental blinding of performers.
Yes the script is indeed useful. The only downside is it measures the total start up time which includes the time needed to start the actual camera hardware which is ~700ms but that's still fine.

Regarding the config:
If you erase the config file or modify it then the index is not being picked up blindly.

If the date stamp has no index then we pick the highest free index and use it.
If date stamp has an index then it will be incremented until we find a new index.

You should be fine as long as the last captured file is available (I understand you do that already).

The problem with erasing the config file is you simply lose your settings.

re flash:
There is a bug. The scenario should be:
1) launch cameraplus
2) change settings
3) close cameraplus
4) launch cameraplus again

The expected result is your settings should be as you have set them before closing camera.

The bug is that the settings are not being honored and they are being reset back to the mode default.

I am sure it was working at some point but seems I broke it somehow.

I think once the bug gets fixed then you should be fine, isn't it?

Now regarding hidden settings:
The more I think about it the more I come to the conclusion that there should be only 1 hidden setting that unlocks a special "advanced" settings mode and that mode should contain more tweaks that would allow you to tailor the behavior of cameraplus. When will this happen? I don't yet know but I think I will do it one day!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
I also have been wondering about all the resolutions for image capture. Does anybody really use that? I am thinking I should remove all of them and have only aspect ratios being selectable.

The default per aspect ration would be the highest resolution available.

What do you all think?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
i agree...i don't change resolution...uses highest.....

Nokia 3310 -> Nokia 6030 -> Nokia N95 -> Nokia X6 -> Nokia N900 -> Nokia N9 -> Nokia Lumia 1520

The Following User Says Thank You to praveenchand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
I've never used lower resolutions at all...

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
I do. It is faster !

The Following User Says Thank You to KTy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KTy View Post
I do. It is faster !
What is faster? Could you please explain?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Here's 0.0.9:
* Added a QVGA resolution to video resolutions
* Fixed an error when we try to change between 16:9 and 4:3 video resolutions
* Fixed playing videos in post capture produces no sound
* Added the ability to control playback volume from post capture
* Restart mthemedaemon at the end of installation to reread the theme.
* Don't hide the indicators when the toolbar is expanded
* Reworked delete dialog for post capture and added some eye candy
* More start up time improvements

Enjoy

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!