Notices

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by ade View Post
As a matter of fact, I contacted Pali soon after the post you are referring to, and he almost immediately pushed a new version to cssu-devel.

As I noted before, the version number in cssu is somewhat lower that the one I use in the openingpost. So that way you may not notice a new version in cssu.
Sorry I now understand what you mean. How confusing

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by sixwheeledbeast View Post
Sorry I now understand what you mean. How confusing
I will ask Pali to raise the version number to get in sync in case of a new release is there.
The reason I still have downloads in the openingpost, is to offer a pre-cssu-devel testversion (as I cannot upload to cssu-devel myself) and to offer a thumb version.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Problem with version number is that I do not want to have version holes in repositories.

Better could be, if you can change version number of your non repository versions to "repo_ver-minor_your_ver". So it will be higher as repository, but next new repo_ver in repository will be higher as your last minor.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
What is practical drawback of version hole in repositories (aka, is it just aesthetic, or is there any real reason for generating such confusion?)
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
Problem with version number is that I do not want to have version holes in repositories.

Better could be, if you can change version number of your non repository versions to "repo_ver-minor_your_ver". So it will be higher as repository, but next new repo_ver in repository will be higher as your last minor.
That's fine with me. Only issue I can see for now is that I already was at 0.6.7, so people who have installed that version will not see cssu-devel updates for a while?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
What is practical drawback of version hole in repositories (aka, is it just aesthetic, or is there any real reason for generating such confusion?)
Fixing future problems with bisecting.

Originally Posted by ade View Post
That's fine with me. Only issue I can see for now is that I already was at 0.6.7, so people who have installed that version will not see cssu-devel updates for a while?
I think that those people which installed package manually can install new version manually again (and maybe waiting for your updates...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Minor update:

Code:
clock-ui (0.6-1+0cssu2-1) unstable; urgency=low

* "No alarms" will be displayed in alarmlist if relevant (default clock like)
  * am/pm textpart in time display made smaller (default clock like)
  * setting time plus date in past again made more difficult
  * prepared for possible future custom per alarm sounds
Regarding the last bullet: for some background info see http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=111 and later posts.
Bottom line: worldclock should be ready for it (it now already puts custom alarmsounds in the alarm queue), but the alarm framework itself is not. The alarm(sound) button therefore is grayed out for now.

Notice that the version numbering has changed (see discussion in previous posts). I will upload the new sources to gitorious soon and inform Pali, so he can put the new version in CSSU-devel. If you can't wait or want the thumb2 version, see the openingspost.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thanks ade and pali.

Now that it entered CSSU (what I really like), I feel like I am a bit outdated with my N900 (still on PR1.3.1).
I checked the deb and it has some dependencies to libqt4 libraries from CSSU. As I do not know what consequences this might have, I just extracted the binary and using it. I did not see any problem yet (libqt4 4.7.4cssu against 4.7.0maemo).
Just one question: do you plan to support non-CSSU user for future updates? (if not, will it be possible to use binary on its own, as now)?
Thanks.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Thanks ade and pali.

Now that it entered CSSU (what I really like), I feel like I am a bit outdated with my N900 (still on PR1.3.1).
I checked the deb and it has some dependencies to libqt4 libraries from CSSU. As I do not know what consequences this might have, I just extracted the binary and using it. I did not see any problem yet (libqt4 4.7.4cssu against 4.7.0maemo).
Just one question: do you plan to support non-CSSU user for future updates? (if not, will it be possible to use binary on its own, as now)?
Thanks.
Hmm, good point, I am on CSSU for ages, so I no longer pay much attention to these kind of details

Pali did the packaging for me, so he could tell best if there is a reason for depending on cssu libqt4 libraries.

I can't think of any specific reason though, it always worked fine with non-cssu libqt4 libraries. And I see no reason to depend on cssu libs if it is not explicitly needed.

But let's wait for Pali's view on this first, he follows this thread most of the time.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Source package has *no* version dependency.

Binary package depends on qt version (or newer) which was used at compile time. And because my scratchbox which compiling packages for cssu-devel has for obvious reason enabled cssu repository (so have qt from cssu), my clock-ui deb packages depends on qt from cssu.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:

Tags
clock-ui, replacement, worldclock