Notices

Originally Posted by Vento View Post
Is there a way to change the default microphone icon?
Yes sure.
Just replace the files ./images/MicRed.png , /images/MicGreen.png with new ones you like better.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jannis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Suggestion for harmattan's name: Seeri?

The Following User Says Thank You to palikao For This Useful Post:
Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Originally Posted by palikao View Post
Suggestion for harmattan's name: Seeri?
AskMee (Mee is a part of the name Meego)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kroll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 165 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
AskMee (Mee is a part of the name Meego)
Well, I don't like it XD

I, instead, prefer something like Meeri or Seeri (that sounds like original but it's clearly connected to Mee)

The Following User Says Thank You to palikao For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Or SeeRa (instead of Saera), that keeps the naming consistent with the Freemantle version.
Anyway ultimately it's no big deal, the name could remain as Saera for both versions...
MeeGo-Harmattan 1.2 was/is more closely related to Maemo x.x than MeeGo/MeeGoCE* anyway.

*it's closest relatives nowadays are Nemo & Sailfish

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-09-16 at 08:04.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
The name will remain as Saera for both versions. It is the same program, after all.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ india
help please...i tried all........what ever u said to install...but i dint succeed ...pls give me a sort way from the starting how to install seara / voicy.....packages commands and pls help...as im a slow learner..........

The Following User Says Thank You to jeff7867 For This Useful Post:
So I have been weighing utility vs ideals, and have decided to try to make an updated version of Saera using wit.ai for parsing (and optionally speech recognition as well). The upside of this is that it will decouple the speech recognition and parsing and allow me to provide more intelligence and more functionality. The downside is that a) it will require an internet connection and b) it will send your queries to a remote server. On the one hand, I would rather not do this; but on the other, the gstreamer/Pocketsphinx setup was broken enough that most of the time it would fall back to Google Talk anyway, which is no better.
Features in Saera 2:
  • Flexible grammar - the parsing is done by fuzzy matching rather than exact fit, so even if you say something I've never thought of it should be able to make a decent guess as to what you mean.
  • Long-term and short-term memory. Short-term memory means that you can refer back to things you've already said recently (e.g. "What is the capital of France?" 'Paris.' "What's the weather like there?"). Long-term memory means that you can tell Saera facts and they will be remembered permanently (unless told to forget them).
  • A proper ability to read out emails; this is something I've found myself really wanting while driving.
  • Faster. I don't want to wait a minute to see if anything is happening, and I bet you don't either.

The development version will make use of python, gstreamer, QT, espeak, and optionally pocketsphinx. I'm hoping the reduced dependencies makes it easier to port to sailfish while still retaining compatibility with Maemo 5.

Thoughts?

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
This sounds very cool! Although the existing version is a neat in that it is self-contained and works offline, when I saw that it didn't use an Internet connection (or have I misunderstood?) I lost a bit of interest.

The Following User Says Thank You to Xagoln For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
One of the major features I liked was being able to stay offline and not exposing my doings to a not known server. If I can stay private why should I be trusting someone to "just processing the data and not analysing and using it for other purposes".

EDIT: Actually the offline part is something to show off to all those Androids and Iphones out there: My machine is powerful enough to do what yours needs a server for.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post:

Tags
saera, speech-to-text