Active Topics

OK, rising the golden pins under the SIM did the trick for me. I put a tiny piece of office paper under them (about 1cm square) and had hard time closing the SIM holder. I hope it will stay working for a while. If there are no more updates, consider it a working fix.

My symptoms were a bunch of "McSAAB" errors in dmesg and insert-sim icon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mordae For This Useful Post:
OK, so it did not work. It made the problem manifest itself a bit less, but it's still not fixed.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Netherlands
Sounds all so familiar.

Since there wasn't anything left for me to try out I had it picked up by my insurance company.

I'm now N900-less :-(

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by Mordae View Post
OK, so it did not work. It made the problem manifest itself a bit less, but it's still not fixed.
There's the option of getting a new SIM. Could help.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Please provide the SIM status by opening the X Terminal and entering:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.phone.SIM /com/nokia/phone/SIM Phone.Sim.get_sim_status

And please provide the Network registration status by opening the X Terminal and entering:

dbus-send --system --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.get_registration_status

i am facing the same problem .... wn i wrote these commands in Xterminal .. it gave me he same result for both commands which is "Error org.freedesktop.DBus.error.serviceUnknown: the ame com.nokia.net (or . SIM) wasnt provided by any .service files "
Plz help me ,, i tried to put paper behind the Sim card ,it worked for few days then it stoped working no matter the amount of papers added,tighten the battery pins and flashed the mobile.
Someone told me it cld b the SIM IC ,which is hard to get.

Last edited by egyptooo; 2013-10-03 at 02:42.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ France
Originally Posted by egyptooo View Post
i am facing the same problem .... wn i wrote these commands in Xterminal .. it gave me he same result for both commands which is "Error org.freedesktop.DBus.error.serviceUnknown: the ame com.nokia.net (or . SIM) wasnt provided by any .service files "
Plz help me ,, i tried to put paper behind the Sim card ,it worked for few days then it stoped working no matter the amount of papers added,tighten the battery pins and flashed the mobile.
Someone told me it cld b the SIM IC ,which is hard to get.
I think the solution is complicated, see there http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=209 (you can also read the entire thread, but I think that would be the only true solution)

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Mordae View Post
OK, rising the golden pins under the SIM did the trick for me. I put a tiny piece of office paper under them (about 1cm square) and had hard time closing the SIM holder. I hope it will stay working for a while. If there are no more updates, consider it a working fix.

My symptoms were a bunch of "McSAAB" errors in dmesg and insert-sim icon.
Usually pin raising does the trick. I fixed mine by that too.

Jolla Phone 16GB (2nd in use).
Jolla Tablet 64GB (repaired).

3D modelling & printing.
CAD/CAM amateur.
Prusa i3 3D printer (Max Micron)
"Smith: Mr. Anderson, welcome back.
We missed you ."

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
also check the battery pins the middle one, scrach them a little to clean them