Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Singapore
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Some good ones in your list above, but a lot of those are such that no "app" is really required, IMHO as they are really just broser frontends to a web service...?
Yes, you are right. However, with the exception of Wikipedia, which has an excellent mobile site, all the other "clients" offer a superior experience to using the mobile version of the site. For example, try using mobile Gmail for awhile and compare it to Android's native Gmail app -- no comparison. Same applies to Kayak, Wego, Amazon, etc.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
It's bizarre/infuriating but it's often tragically true... >.>

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 734 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Nomadic
Originally Posted by 10basetom View Post
Yes, you are right. However, with the exception of Wikipedia, which has an excellent mobile site, all the other "clients" offer a superior experience to using the mobile version of the site. For example, try using mobile Gmail for awhile and compare it to Android's native Gmail app -- no comparison. Same applies to Kayak, Wego, Amazon, etc.
Not mobile site... web service. Those are different things.
*email is hybrid, at least if speaking from IMAP
**MeeGo example would be services that use ShareAPI (Dropbox to get content up there) vs service integrations that need a client base (FilesPlus for managing Dropbox files)

Depending on how various companies have made their APIs, its quite possible for any mobile OS to not need a client at all, but to just utilize that API to create the controls and the access to the content that's needed.

IMO, a platform built in the last 3yrs should do that. Relying on clients is a crutch mobile has picked up from PCs, its not exactly the right way forward - at least not for those platforms/ecosystems that espouse openness.

Last edited by ARJWright; 2013-10-20 at 19:49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ARJWright For This Useful Post:
I would love to see if the chikka messaging app could be integrated into the messaging app.

Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by 10basetom View Post
Here are the apps that I was not able to find on the master list on page 1 .........(content).....
Cheers,
Tom
Hi mate,

will go through these and update my list (character limit pending!) today.
As detailed, I would consider many of these to be requests that could be handled through API inclusion within existing core Os application functionality, and based on this, a number of your suggestions might be better off sitting in the "functionality" thread elsewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 434 | Thanked: 990 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Update from Ruediger Gad via Twitter:

MeePasswords and Q To-do looking good on SailfishOS:

MeePasswords

Q To-Do

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onethreealpha For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Similar disclaimers as usual about not commenting on possible or actual features, I will say this: our integration of anything which isn't an open service/open standards/is a brand is going to require communication, agreements and contracts with the people behind it. So using WhatsApp as an example, it wouldn't *just* be based about the technical possibilities as to whether or not we could include such a thing, even assuming we can polish the experience to a world class standard. They would also need to be OK with us doing that, on whatever terms they dictated.

That having been said: I don't think anyone would stop you from messing with something like this yourself. Quite the opposite.
Would the same solution apply to the steam chat plugin created for Pidgin? and usable by telepathy

A good oscilloscope, multimeter, signal generator touch based front-end!..., may be port, which is already there in the DSO Nano project!
Scrolling and zooming the waveforms by touch would be cool!

It would be wonderful to have an oscilloscope & its probe hidden behind the other half!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GizmoSmith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
We don't use the same sharing UI stuff AFAIR. That one should probably be moved to nemomobile-graveyard. I'm not intimately familiar with the details, I'll try remember to ask someone to pop in here tomorrow with pointers to which code would be useful.
The answer I got:

"for implementing a share plugin and a service specific UI, good starting point would be: https://github.com/nemomobile/transfer-engine/blob/master/doc/src/index.qdoc"

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
I finally started messing with the Sailfish SDK yesterday. MusiKloud is almost complete (haven't looked into event-feed integration etc). Screenshots are available at http://marxoft.co.uk/musikloud/sailfish/. I'll be starting on cuteTube tomorrow.

My website

GitHub

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
applications, fm transmiter, infrared led, sailfish