Active Topics

Notices

For anyone who's subscribed to this but didn't see my other thread, AapoRantalainen has put the fixed verion of OSM2Go into extras-devel, which is very kind of him. I took it out on the recent OSMLondon mapping party and it works fine, even if I found some of the presets a bit annoying to use. Which caused me to do some digging and discover you can customise the presets to suit yourself by editing /opt/osm2go/presets.xml

To do this, I used TxPad as root, having backed up the original file (even though it's easy to redownload from garage or github, it's easier to recopy back from the same directory!). That is to say, with rootsh and TxPad installed, I typed

Code:
root
cp /opt/osm2go/presets.xml /opt/osm2go/presets.xml.old
txpad /opt/osm2go/presets.xml
I like to keep cycle data up to date, so my first move was to move the bicycle presets to the top of the list by cutting the bicycle group (everything from
Code:
<group name="Bicycle" icon="presets/bike.png">
to
Code:
</group> <!-- Bicycle -->
) and pasting it in at the begining of the file (after
Code:
<annotations>
).

I then amended the bicycle_parking item, adding things I use regularly:
Code:
<combo key="covered" text="Covered" values="yes,no" default="no" delete_if_empty="true" />
            <combo key="bicycle_parking" text="Type of parking" values="stand,bollard,wheel_loops,informal,shed,building,tree,ground_slots,anchors" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
My next trick will be to make an address/contacts group near the top of the list, as scrolling all the way down to the buildings group each time you want to put an address on an element is a pain.

(Incidentally, I accidentally discovered TxPad uses the proximity sensor to toggle onscreen controls. That's pretty cool.)

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Further to my last, this is now the top group of presets

Code:
<group name="Contacts and info" icon="presets/addresses.png">
 	<item name="Addresses" icon="presets/addresses.png">
            <link href="http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/key:addr" />
            <label text="Edit address information" />
            <space />
            <text key="addr:housenumber" text="House number" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
            <optional>
                <text key="addr:housename" text="House name" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
                <text key="addr:street" text="Street name" use_last_as_default="true" delete_if_empty="true" />
                <text key="addr:place" text="Area name" use_last_as_default="true" delete_if_empty="true" />
                <text key="addr:city" text="City name" default="London" delete_if_empty="true" />
                <text key="addr:postcode" text="Post code" use_last_as_default="true" delete_if_empty="true" />
                <text key="addr:country" text="Country code" default="GB" delete_if_empty="true" />
            </optional>
        </item>
        <item name="Contact Info" icon="presets/addresses.png">
	    <text key="phone" text="Phone Number" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
	    <text key="fax" text="Fax Number" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
            <label text="(Use international code, like +12 345 67890)" />
	    <text key="website" text="Web address" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
	    <text key="email" text="Email Address" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
	    <text key="wikipedia" text="Wikipedia" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
            <label text="(Use lang:title, eg en:St Paul's Cathedral)" />
	</item>
		<item name="Food and Drink" icon="presets/restaurant.png">
		    <text key="name" text="Name" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />  
			<combo key="amenity" text="Establishment type" values="restaurant,cafe,pub,bar,biergarten,fast_food,ice_cream,food_court,drinking_water" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
		    <combo key="food" text="Serves food?" values="yes, no" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
		    <combo key="cuisine" text="Cuisine" values="italian,chinese,pizza,burger,greek,german,indian,regional,kebab,turkish,asian,thai,mexican,japanese" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
			<combo key="internet_access" text="Internet access" values="wlan,terminal,wired" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
		    <combo key="drive_through" text="Drive in available?" values="yes,no" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />	
			<combo key="real_ale" text="Real ale?" values="yes,no" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
			<combo key="real_cider" text="Real cider?" values="yes,no" default="" delete_if_empty="true" />
            <text key="operator" text="Operator" default="" delete_if_empty="true" /> 
		</item>
    </group>
It started with the address group, as I scrolling down to the buildings group for addressing was a bore; I added the contact info group for similar reasons. The food and drink one is there because the presets in the default food and drink group aren't much use (mostly just setting the type of establishment and the name), and I realised a lot of the tags I might want could apply to many of the establishment types. I may tweak further after using it more.

Oh yes, I've also added
Code:
	        <combo key="fee" text="Fee" values="yes,no" default="no" delete_if_empty="true" />
to the bicycle_parking item, as I saw it on an existing tag and thought it might be useful.

EDIT: Sorry, schoolboy error in the big xml chunk - I'd put spaces after the commas in some of the combo lists in the food and drink chunk, which stopped them from recogising existing tags on elements. Now (I think) fixed.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2013-10-24 at 23:47. Reason: tyop

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
is it possible to add Bing aerial images to the wms in osm2go?

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
when you edit project, in the Area editor the osm map is not visualized. how to solve the issue?

The Following User Says Thank You to gianko For This Useful Post: