Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by jtts View Post
Well, at least this other camera app (ρcam or rawcam) claims it has manual focus. Not sure whether to believe it or not, since I'm not willing to pay 10 € for a camera app that apparently is were buggy and incomplete (see Nokia Store reviews).

http://n9-apps.com/cam-rawcam

http://store.ovi.com/content/315181

Oh, and thanks MSameer for your great camera app (even without manual focus )
The problem is not whether the camera hardware itself supports it or not.

The problem is that the GStreamer element developed by Nokia does not have such features.
GStreamer itself is a multimedia framework and is as good as the plugins developed are.

Of course I can ditch those components, go deeper and implement the functionality by talking to the kernel driver but then I will be tied to harmattan and N9 because such features will not work in a similar way on other platforms.

Is it a dead end?
Short answer: No
Long answer: I have plans to make the whole application support plugins. I just did not do it yet and I am not sure when I will do it

And BTW: rawcam is open and the code is available on github. You just have to build it yourself

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Off-topic but rawcam is available for free on tmo. It's just put at a high price on the Store for those who don't frequent TMO

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
And BTW: rawcam is open and the code is available on github. You just have to build it yourself
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Off-topic but rawcam is available for free on tmo. It's just put at a high price on the Store for those who don't frequent TMO
I didn't know rawcam was also freely available. I guess I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info, MSameer and thedead1440 !

I found this thread on rawcam in TMO. The links for harmattan binaries in there are to repo.pub.meego.com and are of course dead.

I found two different rawcams in openrepos, submitted by lightdot and appsformeego, respectively. I wonder whether there are any differences or not?

Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
The problem is not whether the camera hardware itself supports it or not.

The problem is that the GStreamer element developed by Nokia does not have such features.
GStreamer itself is a multimedia framework and is as good as the plugins developed are.

Of course I can ditch those components, go deeper and implement the functionality by talking to the kernel driver but then I will be tied to harmattan and N9 because such features will not work in a similar way on other platforms.

Is it a dead end?
Short answer: No
Long answer: I have plans to make the whole application support plugins. I just did not do it yet and I am not sure when I will do it
I see. So it is not impossible to implement but also time consuming and not simple. Got it . Thanks for explaining it!

Last edited by jtts; 2013-10-25 at 08:31. Reason: Fix typo.

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Rawcam is also available in OpenRepos, check it out

The Following User Says Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Rawcam is also available in OpenRepos, check it out
Already did. See my previous post.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
But in openrepos rawcam is out of date, I guess. the current harmattan is 1.0.4

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marmistrz View Post
But in openrepos rawcam is out of date, I guess. the current harmattan is 1.0.4
That (version 1.0.4) IS the newest version available for harmattan. Version 1.0.7 is for N900 (Fremantle) only.

And this discussion is moving dangerously close to off-topic. I suggest the rawcam only discussion can continue here.

@MSameer i've seen some apps with manual white balance like rawcam and pcam, i don't how they implement it, but it may also be a hue change as it seems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Akkumaru For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SteveYoungs View Post
I'm pretty sure I've found a way to tame mthemedaemon. If you restart that daemon all sorts of bad juju happens, but if you instead just send it a HUP it purrs like a kitten loading all the new eye-candy into the theme.

Code:
initctl reload xsession/mthemedaemon
Tested here and works very well (stock firmware)
ive been meaning to find a way to reload my mthome wallpaper programmatically. this did the trick, thanks!

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
@MSameer

Hey, would you consider an alternative Icon for Camera+ ?

I made a pretty nice one I think....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mcbook For This Useful Post:

Tags
?where is nemo?, thank you!