Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Good catch. It could also mean that possibly press or some partners would be able to pick to phone, while naturally majority would go for pre-orders.
Or it indeed could mean that as 450 invitations are send, it will make sense that some just can't be there. Not that there will likely be many left.
Yep, I´m hoping the wording means just that = a few phones for press or partners, the rest only for those who have pre-ordered. I would guess that they can gather at least 450 pre-orderers to the event.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Stop panicking!

It is very clear from the message that:
- First there will be notification to these who preordered the phone in first campain and these phones will be shipped out asap.
- From the same first patch they also put 450 phones freely on sale to DNA store in Finland.
- Second patch of phones will be available in December and then there will be more on sale in shops (most likely also over web).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
Well, actually the EUR1000 is for a return flight to Helsinki... I haven't included the phone price yet...

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I really don't get all the complaints here about Jollas communication.

DNA is de facto distributor of the phones in Finland. It is only natural and correct that they are more straightforward with their communication. Jolla only needs to take care of the pre-order clients. Now whatever you are reading from newsflashes or DNA are directed to all those consumers that ARE NOT per-orderers, so it is not to be read as "info that Jolla is not giving". As long as Jolla makes sure that pre-orderers get their phones before brick and mortar stores run out of phones I, and we, should be happy. They will inform you with directly, probably by e-mail, when the time is right. Quit unnecessary whining

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Guys, wait, let's stop ASSuming stuff, the second presentation will be LIVE in 6 mins approx.
Calm your sh*t people..

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Guys, wait, let's stop ASSuming stuff, the second presentation will be LIVE in 6 mins approx.
Calm your sh*t people..
There is? What stage?

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
There is? What stage?
Yellow stage @13:20

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
So when can I get the device outside of Finland? When do they ship preorders from first BATCH.?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
There is? What stage?
Yellow stage

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red