Originally Posted by nbedford View Post
I would also very much like Exchange support, but I suspect writing Mail4Exhcange (or whatever Nokia called it) from scratch is too big a task for Jolla launch, maybe have to resort to Android apps, such as Touchdown

Having said that I really hope there is Exchange support.
Huh, I'd expect at least as good as what we had on N9 (but faster of course).

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
According to user guide, there is no more Jolla Other Half, instead it is Jolla Ambience Other Half. Sorta dissapointed at this moment, but I really hope the enthusiasts and the community will come up with something more breathtaking. I myself would start to develop couple of those, if only I had the full schematics of TOH.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Isn't Mail4Exchange planned but not available yet? I seem to recall they said that on Twitter. I might be wrong.

Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
According to user guide, there is no more Jolla Other Half, instead it is Jolla Ambience Other Half. Sorta dissapointed at this moment, but I really hope the enthusiasts and the community will come up with something more breathtaking. I myself would start to develop couple of those, if only I had the full schematics of TOH.
I don't understand that from the user guide, if anything, it doesn't explain what you can do with the i2c bus etc.. I think we can still get fully functional other halves such as a keyboard, extra juice, and so on.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
I don't understand that from the user guide, if anything, it doesn't explain what you can do with the i2c bus etc.. I think we can still get fully functional other halves such as a keyboard, extra juice, and so on.
That was confirmed at the event by some Sailor interviewed by MTV. He said KB is doable, though not promising it will be done. He talked about extrabattery, solar charge and so on too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
That was confirmed at the event by some Sailor interviewed by MTV. He said KB is doable, though not promising it will be done. He talked about extrabattery, solar charge and so on too.
Cool, thanks, I never expected Jolla to actually do it. Camera lens would be a challenge at the very least, but it isn't like we won't get other halves that only do content+colour.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Am I the first one on TMO? Proud owner of new Jolla phone

Last edited by late88; 2013-11-27 at 17:33.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to late88 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by late88 View Post
Am I the first one on TMO. Proud owner of new Jolla phone
And where is your review/opinion? :-)

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 198 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
And where is your review/opinion? :-)
I have got it like 5 minutes maybe when I get back home.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by xanderx View Post
I'm out, that's the final straw for me, not that they were ever giving me much of a chance to participate anyway...
Unless I hear more about genuine attempts by them/partners to devise TOH's that are beyond gimmicks, I'm done.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red