Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
One anoying thing... Browser is... not so good. Now i know why they didn't show that . Andoid firefox is fine
Not disputing you here; just asking... what are you comparing it to exactly? Scrolling speed, responsiveness, rendering speeds?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
So "devel-su" gets you in the dev accout in contrast with "su" that will make you root? Is that correct?
Barnabas Collins

The Following User Says Thank You to kollin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Makeclick can you comment on why the default broweser isn't any good.? Helsingin Sanomat said that its fast, but the controls are slow/buggy. You agree?

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Does the vkb support transparency? Also does it have modifier keys? (Ctrl, Alt,Super) They are very useful for VNC and RDP.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
I'll paste the link of the piratepad FAQ to OP so people needn't to ask the same questions again. Good idea, that FAQ!

Last edited by Thoke; 2013-11-28 at 14:08.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
How is email implementation or mail for exchange as well as syncing of calendars etc. does it support multiple exchange protocols, can you attach files to your emails from within the email, does it come with word reading and PDF reading app, does it have provisioning for corporate email.

Still unclear are the basics, how is the VKB? Is it as good as iphone, what about text size, is it adjustable?

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
So "devel-su" gets you in the dev accout in contrast with "su" that will make you root? Is that correct?
devel-su gets you root.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
swype is patented by IBM.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
No adjustable text sizing anywhere. vkb far better than N9, but no native Swype.
Browser for me is poor because it is portrait only and for sites including this one I have to keep pinch zooming on every page turn. It is fast though but I may try Firefox just for the landscape.
No ability to add words to the dictionary, well not that I have discovered yet.

I also did a fresh install one back in the UK and now the experience is much better and my sd card has kicked back into life.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2013-11-28 at 14:12.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Would really like to see a video of e-mail syncing.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience