Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
One very noticeable thing. I have yet to have any slowdown of any sort whilst using the Jolla. It has taken some heavy usage but the cpu seems will up to the task with some to spare

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
New here, so sorry if I don't know all the ropes.

Has anyone tried Android Sports Tracker yet? My most used app.

I'm wondering if I could use Android Sports tracker while waiting and hoping for native version. I read following question as a hope that BT support might come one day, but I'd like know whether Google Maps as map engine make it unusable.
FAQ says:
Q. Does BT work with AndroidApps?
A. Not at the moment.
My N8 is dying so I'm considering to change to Sailfish. Really it's the only option. It or some black and white -back to basic phone.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by finfly View Post
New here, so sorry if I don't know all the ropes.

Has anyone tried Android Sports Tracker yet? My most used app.

I'm wondering if I could use Android Sports tracker while waiting and hoping for native version. I read following question as a hope that BT support might come one day, but I'd like know whether Google Maps as map engine make it unusable.
FAQ says:

My N8 is dying so I'm considering to change to Sailfish. Really it's the only option. It or some black and white -back to basic phone.
I'll give that a try tomorrow, well be trying Strava too as that is my tracker of choice

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
Just a thought. I changed covers from my poppy red to the white and it would not let me enter the jolla store. The was an error that TOH was missing, which I nearly missed too.

So that could be an issue for some.
I had similar error message during reboot, when I changed language (which requires reboot). I have not changed TOH.

Furhermore, phone has shut down/rebooted couple of times when it was in trouser pocket. Two times it shut down, while I was just fiddling with it in my hands, looking from different angles and just rotating it around.

Questions:
Does you phone power up if you don't have TOH installed? Mine does not.
Does your phone shut down if you remove TOH? Mine does.

All this makes me wonder if my phone is somehow prone to lose connection to TOH and then shuts down. Battery sits pretty tightly in the slot, that was my first suspect.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sconf For This Useful Post:
w00t: any idea re NFC (aside from TOH)? :-) I mean, can or will it be able to do the things that the N9 used to do (pair with Nokia 360 speakers for example)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
No any popups . Sailfish installing every android software in 1-2s very fast!

You're welcome!

When i try to use android flashlight app it say: "error camera not found", so i can't tell you yet, if it has the acces to the Sailfish HW..

If i try to open some file in text edit with a file manager, it try to open it with the Sailfish Documents writer app (empty page)..hmm.. so, can't edit android files... for now.
Camera support for android apps will come in a future update.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
So, does Google Calendar work or not, if CalDAV isn't supported? Adding a Google account only gives email and contacts? Curse Google for removing Activesync support. But there is no alternative to Google. I asked Jolla months ago about CalDAV support and got the answer that "it's a very often requested feature" but no confirmation of it ever coming.

The Following User Says Thank You to Miharin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
One very noticeable thing. I have yet to have any slowdown of any sort whilst using the Jolla. It has taken some heavy usage but the cpu seems will up to the task with some to spare
Yes, CPUs seem to do good work. I have noticed some slowdowns but I don't think they are CPU related (more like bugs or background data transfers causing browser UI to slowdown). The very first boot was quite slow, so I was little worried but not anymore.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
Camera support for android apps will come in a future update.
You work for Jolla too?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sconf View Post
Does your phone shut down if you remove TOH? Mine does.
Nope, mine didn't shut down.

BTW I removed the white TOH and put the special TOH on before I booted the phone the very first time. The phone didn't offer me to install the special TOH stuff like ambiance from the store until I removed the TOH and inserted it again when the phone was running.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience