Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
Everyone is strangely silent on this I asked multiple times already.
I guess everything must be working just fine, otherwise you'd see somebody bitching about it

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I guess everything must be working just fine, otherwise you'd see somebody bitching about it
Well, those of us outside of the initially supported regions want to know if devices will work with our mobile providers as well Since device is out, shouldn't Jolla publish the full specs on the modem somewhere?

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
I agree... Would be nice to know if I'm getting an LTE device or 3G device

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
about bands
I read on IRC that 4G will come later as an upgrade (see that in the user guide only 3G is mentionned)
So maybe something is still unclear and they do not want to make any announcement yet?

Regarding 3G they could make a statement. But they basically mean that it works everywhere with 3G (but that is more my assumption).

As an upgrade to the hardware? How exactly do you see this happening? Or it's a software limitation which can be fixed with an OS update?

User guide does mention 4G in the very end.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-11-28 at 10:40.

Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by shmerl View Post
As an upgrade to the hardware? How exactly do you see this happening? Or it's a software limitation which can be fixed with an OS update?

User guide does mention 4G in the very end.
Not via an other half but I understood they need to enable it via a OS update

Originally Posted by P@t View Post
about bands
I read on IRC that 4G will come later as an upgrade (see that in the user guide only 3G is mentionned)
So maybe something is still unclear and they do not want to make any announcement yet?

Regarding 3G they could make a statement. But they basically mean that it works everywhere with 3G (but that is more my assumption).
Even if that were true, the 4G modem hardware only supports a certain number of frequencies, and that cannot be changed via software. So I'd really like to know what those frequencies are.

Regarding 3G, it's probably obvious that it's pentaband at this point, but I'd like to have some closure on this.

Posts: 160 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Spain
No, jPhone cannot be used, not even imported into US. You know why? I tell you why. The moment it hits the US soil, Jolla will be sued by Apple for patent infringement in speaker placement. So, that's all, folks.

Boy, what can I say? EPIC......No, LEGENDARY......

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xanderx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Sazpaimon View Post
Now that the device is out, can anyone that has it confirm the bands it supports?
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
UMTS: 900/2100 MHz

Now you can do your math about what will work in the US.
I don't find any info about LTE, though, and as I don't have an LTE contract, cannot test it either.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
LTE isn't functional on Jolla device, so that shouldn't figure into your calculation.