Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by akse View Post
So does it affect on battery life if the Android support is installed or just using the Android apps does?

I don't really use much Android apps and the battery doesn't last very long time.
I have dalvik installed but have not installed any applications (and maybe should uninstall the dalvik too as I don't use it...)

Battery life is comparable to N9; for example on saturday unplugged charger at 7:00 AM, when it had 100% charge. Had some light browser/mail/sms usage during the day, also few short calls and I checked the map once (and turned GPS off after it).
When I plugged it back to charger in the night at around 01:30 AM it was 47% still available.
So, charge about halved in 18 hours.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Okey I cannot remember but I think I unplugged the phone yesterday around 12-14 (pm). So its been soon around 24h and still 20% left. It is a bit less than what I had with N9 though I've had accounts online all the time (gchat).

Didn't do so much stuff yesterday, maybe some browsing and adding new contacts, no calls or sms.

I wish we get some nice battery monitor soon similar to N9, to see really which using the battery.

The battery life was actually horrible in the first few days but maybe the battery is just starting to perform as it should. Should take a couple of rechargings for it to operate 100%.

Have to make some notes for a few days of what I do and so on. Manual battery monitor.

The Following User Says Thank You to akse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I have dalvik installed but have not installed any applications (and maybe should uninstall the dalvik too as I don't use it...)
Or just run 'systemctl stop aliendavik.service'

In fact maybe someone could do a little systemui type button to switch the dalvik on and off.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
So does it affect on battery life if the Android support is installed or just using the Android apps does?

I don't really use much Android apps and the battery doesn't last very long time.
There are lots of processes for the Android support running although you don't currently have Android apps running. I don't know if they actually use much resources but they are in process table.

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
I wish we get some nice battery monitor soon similar to N9, to see really which using the battery.

The battery life was actually horrible in the first few days but maybe the battery is just starting to perform as it should. Should take a couple of rechargings for it to operate 100%.

Have to make some notes for a few days of what I do and so on. Manual battery monitor.
If you enable developer mode and activate mer-tools repository, you can install the powertop program and run it from terminal. w00t has instructions earlier in this thread.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Or just run 'systemctl stop aliendavik.service'

In fact maybe someone could do a little systemui type button to switch the dalvik on and off.
Well, ran "ps aux | wc" few times before and after stopping dalvik and it seems I have now 11...12 processes less than before ;D

It's yet to be seen how it affects battery consumption.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Just noticed funny thing. In the Jolla.com homepage in one of the first pictures in the carousel at the top of the page. There is a device and in that device the launcher shows that there is a native File manager-app installed on it.

Wonder why they didn't release that app already

File managers from android stores do work, but it would be nice to have a native one

http://jolla.com/assets/Hero_2.jpg
WUT? Sailfish does not come with a native file manager?
I have neverever heard of such a thing before! Is that even possible? Unspeakable! how....

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
I have neverever heard of such a thing before! Is that even possible? Unspeakable! how....
How do you like the N9's native file manager?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
Funny how I've got a file manager in my N9 and I always use the terminal to do any file management. It'd be nice if you could activate the terminal without having to go through development mode though, as it's extremely useful.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
I'd say anybody using android apps isn't into multitasking at all
True enough if one is ex-Android user first step on Jolla Sailfish...
But wouldn't it be a satisfying rape of Android system legislation to force multiple instances of Aliendalvik to make them multitask.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience