Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Lucazz990 View Post
Hi Nieldk, thanks for your answer!
I don't understand one thing about mac addres, we change only the last digit just for convenience or because it should be similar to the original one? For example mine ends up with 7F, it's ok if i change it to 8F? Thanks in advance
I havent fully figured out just WHY we even need to change the MAC adress.
But, I did discover that this is needed in order to even get the injection working att all.
I suppose it is Nokia implemenmtation of MAC80211 and wl12xx drivers, which makes it fail with a MAC adress of 00:00:00:00:00 - this is usually not an issue, but digging around, made me try to test changing the MAC.
And, yes, best success seems to be obtained if the MAC is changed to one beloning to Nokia (eg. change the last digit of the MAC fx. 7E -> 7D).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I havent fully figured out just WHY we even need to change the MAC adress.
But, I did discover that this is needed in order to even get the injection working att all.
I suppose it is Nokia implemenmtation of MAC80211 and wl12xx drivers, which makes it fail with a MAC adress of 00:00:00:00:00 - this is usually not an issue, but digging around, made me try to test changing the MAC.
And, yes, best success seems to be obtained if the MAC is changed to one beloning to Nokia (eg. change the last digit of the MAC fx. 7E -> 7D).
What I believe to be the reason for this, is that the MAC change just prods the driver into correct state for allowing to write to the L2 buffer. It should be possible to modify device initialization so that it isn't necessary to do that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
What I believe to be the reason for this, is that the MAC change just prods the driver into correct state for allowing to write to the L2 buffer. It should be possible to modify device initialization so that it isn't necessary to do that.
Possibly so. I will try and give a look at that.
Hopefully, this can be done quite easily.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
I
Yeah it worked with 7E

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post:
airmon-ng and airplay are not showing up did i perhaps install the wrong aircrack-ng package?

thank you

The Following User Says Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
what is the working folder to run the commands

The Following User Says Thank You to plourde For This Useful Post:
Code:
/usr/local/sbin/aireplay-ng
/usr/local/sbin/airmon-ng

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p0pa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Hi
Thanks a lot.
I'm newbie so ...
I installed all of blow packages from http://openrepos.net/users/nieldk/ :
aircrack-ng_1.1, ethool_3.10-1, hydra_7.2-1, macchanger_1.6.0-1, openssh_6.3, openssl_1.0.1e, reaver_1.4, wireless-tols_2.9
I'm using kernel-plus for Harmattan: 2.6.32.61-plus r6, but I received different messages and errors from first post .
I attached screenshots.
After running first command "aireplay-ng -9 wlan0" my phone doesn't detect any wlan without rebooting.
May I want you guide me?

Where can I find guidance to use ethool_3.10-1, hydra_7.2-1, openssh_6.3, openssl_1.0.1e and reaver_1.4?

thanks a lot
with regards
Attached Images

Last edited by hrbani; 2013-12-17 at 12:20.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
You clearly did not install wireless-tools properly.

Also, the phone may not be able to scan for regular WLANs (in STA mode) because it's set to run in monitor mode.

Posts: 335 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Trento, Italy
Originally Posted by hrbani View Post
Hi
Thanks a lot.
I'm newbie so ...
I installed all of blow packages from http://openrepos.net/users/nieldk/ :
aircrack-ng_1.1, ethool_3.10-1, hydra_7.2-1, macchanger_1.6.0-1, openssh_6.3, openssl_1.0.1e, reaver_1.4, wireless-tols_2.9
I'm using kernel-plus for Harmattan: 2.6.32.61-plus r6, but I received different messages and errors from first post .
I attached screenshots.
After running first command "aireplay-ng -9 wlan0" my phone doesn't detect any wlan without rebooting.
May I want you guide me?

Where can I find guidance to use ethool_3.10-1, hydra_7.2-1, openssh_6.3, openssl_1.0.1e and reaver_1.4?

thanks a lot
with regards
I used to get the same errors using devel-su and develsh but then i tried using opensudo from Coderus trusted repo and it worked, just do for example "sudo airmon-ng start wlan0" without /usr/local/sbin/
I don't know if this is the right procedure but it worked for me!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lucazz990 For This Useful Post: