Active Topics

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
You can have my pre-order number, I'm in the US
Cheers mate, but they seem pretty determined not to sell me a phone!

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
You can have my pre-order number, I'm in the US
Hmm, I wonder if I can transfer mine to somebody in the EU. Is that even possible? Perhaps it could help out somebody - I pre-ordered on day one (May 20, 2013) but with the 0€ package.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
You can't transfer pre bookings. sorry.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Like I said, they're pretty determined not to sell em!

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
Like I said, they're pretty determined not to sell em!
Best marketing strategy, copied from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crosjxD4XaI

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbE9AV3S8xI

"We dont have a plan for north america" 4.09min
Ah, so I own a 40€ Tee-shirt.

Still, I remember back in the day how I ordered a 7710 that was drop-shipped from Singapore. Or the N9 I bought from Denmark. My 808 PureView came from Singapore also.

My N9's still my main device, and it is as "unlike" anything as the Jolla is. But it's having trouble receiving email and is slow for some activities.

I find myself puttering around with QML and I really like the Jolla UI. I may not have the patience to wait for Jolla to make plans for North America. I may simply have to import sometime early in 2014 (when I get a little more clarity around the frequencies available in the device.)

"Shiny, Shiny" is a real problem for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to kjmackey For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
And to be honest, North America is not a priority for any company trying to launch a cellphone due to how screwed up our carrier system is - makes it unnecessarily difficult..
[serious OT warning]
Actually it is not hostile to just a small company like Jolla, I think one of the reasons Nokia failed in mobile device business was this obsession to break in the american market;

Desire for that goal drove the company to insane reactions, starting from hiring incompetent people from the states to managerial positions and ending in adopting an OS seen as all-time american epitome of software...
[/serious OT warning]

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I went with the 0€ package, so all I lost was the time it took to pre-purchase on day one. I can live with calling that "support" and showing interest.
I think it was Jayst who suggested back sometime ago that people could organize an unofficial import/export ring to get Jolla devices to people in non-supported countries. That wouldn't be too bad, would it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Isn't this supposed to be the 'Latest Jolla News' thread?

4/5 of the posts here suggest otherwise.

I'm for deleting this thread since news had already been shared in other threads and this one became 'just another general topic thread'. We already have plenty of those.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post

I'm for deleting this thread since news had already been shared in other threads and this one became 'just another general topic thread'. We already have plenty of those.
So let's see. Besides your post, the rest of them have tangential information of Jolla either in their area, how it's regarded or just plan chat about Jolla in a forum about Jolla.

If you have such specific parameters for a discussion and only want to discuss just those parameters that you want discussed; feel free to start your own thread and police it as such.

Normally I don't bring things like this up, but it's rather myopic to want a general discussion to go a certain way and when it doesn't go the way you'd want, it has to be closed/deleted/torn asunder since you disagree. Free forum man, start your own, set the parameters, see who follows.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post

As discussed here...
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...47#post1392447

Lets make this thread our "announce" thread, & the one linked above our "general digest".
Or vice versa, I'm easy either way but the headings will need to be modified.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-12-04 at 11:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, latest news, sailfish