Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
You don't...

This is a feature if ubiboot!

Why would you want to start with USB connected if not for maintenance mode?
Actually, there is a way to do it
Just start the menuscript manually when you are in telnet/ssh session;

This command will launch the menu and when selection is done, reboot automatically to the selected OS: "/boot/menu/select_and_boot_os.sh"

This command will launch the menu and load up the kernel, but not boot device (so you can tweak the scripts, launch it again, etc...) : "/boot/menu/select_os_animated.sh"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Oh, well...

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Originally Posted by mcbook View Post
You don't...

This is a feature if ubiboot!

Why would you want to start with USB connected if not for maintenance mode?

This command will launch the menu and when selection is done, reboot automatically to the selected OS: "/boot/menu/select_and_boot_os.sh"

This command will launch the menu and load up the kernel, but not boot device (so you can tweak the scripts, launch it again, etc...) : "/boot/menu/select_os_animated.sh"
...This may be exactly what I was looking for...

Because to answer mcbook: In my case, I'm trying to recover fro a flat battery, and I keep getting the ubiboot menu instead of the computer recognizing there's something to flash.

Based on one of the things I read about it somewhere, I think I'd be having an easier time with this if I'd ever actually gotten anything besides Harmattan configured correctly before I stopped playing with it last...

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
But this sounds more like a (flashing) driver problem. You are on Windows, right?
I have one laptop where I need to plug it in several times. And also to the extent that the N9 was not detected also. Plugging it in to another works always.
So what are you using?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by script.ninja View Post
I'm trying to recover fro a flat battery, and I keep getting the ubiboot menu instead of the computer recognizing there's something to flash.
If the device is in power-OFF state and you connect it to computer, before it wakes up NOLO will check for flasher connection, and if it exists then flasher gets priority. If this does not happen there are 2 possibilities:

1.) Your flasher is not getting access to the USB port
2.) Your device is not in real power-off mode

For problem 1, you need to fix your PC
For problem 2, you might want to try to press and hold the N9 power button for about 30 seconds or until flasher notices that the device is connected when you plug it in.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
Have you tried to run flasher -i and then connect and just let it charge for a while...

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hong Kong

After I select harmattan/nemo, the screen show:
Boot OS/kernel selection failed!
Please run a maintenance boot
Code:
/ # /boot/menu/select_and_boot_os.sh 
/boot/menu/select_and_boot_os.sh: line 84: try_to_mount: not found
/boot/menu/select_and_boot_os.sh: line 84: can't create /mnt/1//boot/ubiboot.log: nonexistent directory
/boot/menu/select_and_boot_os.sh: line 84: can't create /mnt/1//boot/ubiboot.log: nonexistent directory
/boot/menu/select_and_boot_os.sh: line 84: can't create /mnt/1//boot/ubiboot.dmesg: nonexistent directory
/boot/menu/select_and_boot_os.sh: line 84: can't create /mnt/1//boot/ubiboot.dmesg: nonexistent directory
umount: can't umount /mnt/1: Invalid argument
boot fine when run the sh again and disconnect the usb.
I have not mount any partition or umount them all.

Originally Posted by michaelmhk View Post
boot fine when run the sh again and disconnect the usb.
I have not mount any partition or umount them all.
I forgot to say that

The scripts assume that all your partitions are mounted under /mnt/1, /mnt/2, /mnt/3, ... etc
When init calls the script, partitions are mounted so. When you are in maintanance console, your partitions are exported via USB, and thus not mounted.

Before calling the scripts, you need to fo the following;
echo "" > /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/gadget/lun0/file
mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/1
mount /dev/mmcblk0p2 /mnt/2
mount /dev/mmcblk0p3 /mnt/3
mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/4
# (and also the rest of partitions, if you have more...)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Hi, up running with Ubiboot at last
Gparted made it, creating Alt_os for Nemo

Thanks for all the help received at this place:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garp For This Useful Post:
@Taixo; It seems to be like peterleinchen says, unless the logs from your /var/log/ubiboot.log are older remains of the previous ubiboot version 0.3.3 you had there, you are still running the old ubiboot kernel.

Your ubiboot.conf, however is from the new version, so might it be possible that you have the nef conf, new CPIO but flashing has failed so you are still running with the old ubiboot kernel.
If that was the case, it sure would cause problems like these.
Thanks! It turned out I forgot to flash the new kernel. I flashed it and now I can boot again.

Edit: But I can only boot Harmattan. If I try to boot Android, Nemo or Firefox OS, the screen just goes black and stays that way.

Last edited by taixzo; 2013-12-05 at 05:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post: