Active Topics

Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
What I'd lke is to use side swipes in the multitask view to show more than 9 apps. Just like the N9 has a vertical scroll in this view, the Jolla could have multiple pages horizontally arranged (with the Sailfish dots on top to indicate which page is being shown).

The maximum of 9 covers shown is an old concern about Sailfish and Jolla sailors have often argued that 9 is most often more than necessary, that they usually use less than that. They also added that anyway it's easy to see from icons which apps are open but not shown as covers (well, I'd like to see a screenshot of that by the way to see how the icon is altered to show an app is open but not previewed in a cover). Yet, the large majority of the videos we see since November 27th show Jollas with 9 covers shown. It means that people do use 9 apps simultaneously (or more), or at least they want to keep them open. To be honest I'm not surprised at all because I often have in between 8 and 11 apps open on my N9 despite its more limited hardware.
I'm fine with the 9 limit at the moment as it is most likely a bit appleish decision from Jolla to introduce arbitrary limitation for a smooth and similar experience to all.
Jolla not being Apple, they could add option to enable extra page for multitasking. Making also sure that people realize you have one windows already full of active tasks going enabling the option.

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
You can have more than 9 apps running but you can only see them when you long press.
Not sure if you can move them around so things that you use now are on top.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mikkosssss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
No. We considered it, but once we added move-most-recent-to-top-left, it didn't make as much sense.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
What kind of email account are you using IMAP/POP/exchange ?

Emails deleted from inbox are moved to trash folder, if you want to permanently delete them remove them from trash folder.
They go nowhere, just stay sulking in my inbox I am using pop in and smtp out. They can be deleted one by one, although the odd one takes two attempts,

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Ok does anyone understand the email folder screen?

I have 4 mails in my inbox on one of my accounts. No mails (read or unread) in any other folder. But the screen shows 2 for each of the other folders (outbox, deleted, sent and drafts)

Another account I have 6 read in my inbox but the folder screen shows none

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
No. We considered it, but once we added move-most-recent-to-top-left, it didn't make as much sense.
It would be nice if this was customizable.

'move-most-recent-to-top-left' was the main drawback of N9's multitasking for the short time I'd used it. So confusing - I had to double check every time I was switching apps.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Mikkosssss View Post
You can have more than 9 apps running but you can only see them when you long press.
As said in my message in previous page, I'm curious to see how it looks. Could anyone take a picture of it? And do applications that are open but not shown in covers have an altered icon in the main menu?

Still, my wish for next christmas is to have multiple pages on the multitask view, switchable by side swipes instead of side swipes to open Ambiance. For 2013 christmas, just gimme mah Jolla.

w00t, thanks for the answer on moving covers. That is already what I read on IRC from your colleagues. I agree that an option in the future of Sailfish would be a nice feature, if not too time consumng. It can be nice to arrange covers the way you want if you really intend to use the multitask view and interact with covers. Move most recent to top left is good too, but most likely useful if you are going to maximize all applications to interact with them. If I want to track several things simultaneously, then it's better to arrange the layout the way I want and decide that it should persist regardless of whether I maximize an application sometimes.

Can somebody report if it's possible to use applications in different instances, maybe from a terminal command? If I want to have several instances of the browser, or sms, or documents, is it possible?

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-06 at 14:56.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 359 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Italy
I never "noticed" the move-most-recent-to-top-left behavior of the application switcher...
But then, probably it is something i subconsciously expected. After all, it resembles how alt+tab works on the desktop.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelima For This Useful Post:
Can anyone confirm if the Audio player supports gapless playback? Any audible gaps between track transitions that are meant to run together? I believe speculation was that gapless wouldn't be there based on the libraries used, but just curious.

Hoping Quasar MX comes to Jolla eventually.

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
They go nowhere, just stay sulking in my inbox I am using pop in and smtp out. They can be deleted one by one, although the odd one takes two attempts,
Pulley menu -> Select emails -> select the emails you want to delete -> press trash can icon on the left bottom corner.

I'll take a look to POP delete issue, is that for any big email provider or your own server ?

Last edited by VDVsx; 2013-12-06 at 15:28.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience