Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post

But even then, 2494 sounds like a very high number for having ordered the first day. Or wasn't the first day 11/06?
May 20th was the first day.

My phone has left Helsinki. Propably arrives here sometime next year, if Im lucky.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
So... is it DNA distributed? Or did it just come through the post directly from Jolla? Does it say any of that? :-)
http://murobbs.plaza.fi/taskumuro-pu...post1712241779

In English something like "Itella didn't fail! Sorted by 4:28, and 9:21 was this lad in local post office (hki [Helsinki]). I don't think I'm able to work anymore for today".

Itella is the Finnish postal company.

Last edited by att; 2013-12-09 at 12:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Still stuck on 'paid' here

Whilst Jolla Customer Care have stated that the Order No received from the webshop is nothing to do with the order in which deliveries are occurring it is also beginning to look rather like the delivery order is somewhat capricious ...

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
At least on MuroBBS and Matkapuhelinfoorumi everyone receiving shipment notifications seems to have pre-ordered on may 20th or 21st

I also ordered on may 20th and received notification. Last four numbers on my ID are <1000.

Last edited by Rauha; 2013-12-09 at 12:26.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
At least on MuroBBS and Matkapuhelinfoorumi everyone receiving shipment notifications seems to have pre-ordered on may 20th or 21st

I also ordered on may 20th and received notification. Last four numbers on my ID are <1000.
I guess that then really does mean that they're serving finnish customers first, instead of just going through the pre-order queue in order.

I ordered on 20th, with a finnish address (so should be high up on the list), but then changed to a swiss address a few weeks later when they opened up whole EU + NO + CH for pre-orders. My order ID didn't change. I did pay the pre-order on 25.11., so if they really went through the queue in order, I should have been among the other finns who ordered on 20th.

It's looking like that just by changing my shipping address I got bumped down the queue after all the finnish ones.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
If that's as far as they've got then they are not going to make their suggested delivery deadlines ...

Originally Posted by ziller View Post
I guess that then really does mean that they're serving finnish customers first, instead of just going through the pre-order queue in order.

I ordered on 20th, with a finnish address (so should be high up on the list), but then changed to a swiss address a few weeks later when they opened up whole EU + NO + CH for pre-orders. My order ID didn't change. I did pay the pre-order on 25.11., so if they really went through the queue in order, I should have been among the other finns who ordered on 20th.

It's looking like that just by changing my shipping address I got bumped down the queue after all the finnish ones.
In fact they're freaked out about finns getting depressed there so they send them first the phone.

But from a standard customer pov, this is just outrageous and unrespectful, unbelievable that they changed the pre order delivery shipment to send first to the finns,,, They should get a PS membership card

Or go back to learn what FIFO means.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I don't think that the last digits in your order number (not ID) have anything to do with when you ordered, but when you paid. If they are delivering in the payment order (which apparently they aren't), that order number is your priority (starts with 10 for Finland and 20 for everywhere else).

If, however, the order is actually dictated to when you placed your very first preorder, then the story is different.

Sadly, I don't think we can even speculate how many people received their devices. I _think_ that Jolla has to deliver 10k devices in total for preorders, or fewer than that. I reckon they have to be shipping >1000 per day to just get it right, but this is all speculation.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by pipould View Post
But from a standard customer pov, this is just outrageous and unrespectful, unbelievable that they changed the pre order delivery shipment to send first to the finns,,, They should get a PS membership card

Or go back to learn what FIFO means.
I'm not really that concerned about the order, or about a delay of a couple of days. I don't have any idea what the internal logistics at Jolla are, and don't really care to know either. The time estimate that they gave me during payment was "3-4 weeks", so as long as it arrives during that timeframe, I'm okay with it.

Who knows, maybe they just took the first 10k orders, divided them between 10 underpaid trainees and my phone just happens to be in the pile that the slowest trainee is working through

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ziller View Post
I'm not really that concerned about the order, or about a delay of a couple of days. I don't have any idea what the internal logistics at Jolla are, and don't really care to know either. The time estimate that they gave me during payment was "3-4 weeks", so as long as it arrives during that timeframe, I'm okay with it.

Who knows, maybe they just took the first 10k orders, divided them between 10 underpaid trainees and my phone just happens to be in the pile that the slowest trainee is working through

I am also okay with it but it definitely leaves a bitter taste...

The Following User Says Thank You to pipould For This Useful Post: