Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Just visited a DNA shop 5 minutes ago and asked when I can buy a Jolla from them.
The shop assistant told me that they have boxloads of them in the back room, and will start selling on Wednesday morning.
Apparently I was not the first to ask the question
NOT fair dammit. We PAID early to get them early.

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ milano
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Well if DNA is one of the preorder customers Jolla should not send phones to them? But I dont know did DNA preorder any phones.

I think it is a direct sale to the customer who requires it by going to the store, or DNA has already paid phones Jolla? And then the pre-order via website that may have priority?

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by MisterMaster View Post
Well if DNA is one of the preorder customers Jolla should not send phones to them? But I dont know did DNA preorder any phones.
There is a difference between a commercial partner like DNA and the "normal" preorder. I doubt that DNA had to go through the regular preordering proccess like we did.
And even if they did preorder in whichever way, at least it should have been stated clearly by Jolla that DNA will have priority over non-finnish preorders. But from Jolla's statements it always was like "Preorders in supported countries get served first", at least thats how it came across to me from their vague statements

Well, they still have a day to get the shippments out to the supported countries if Wednesday is correct for DNA to start selling.. so lets wait and see (not much we can do about it anyways)

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following User Says Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
at least it should have been stated clearly by Jolla that DNA will have priority over non-finnish preorders.
Actually, to make matters more interesting, the first 450 were sold by DNA to preorderers ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
If that's true they should really hurry up with the shipping of the preorders... wouldn't look too good (in my opinion at least) if you can buy the phone in regular shops in finland and rest of the supported countries preorders didn't even get a delivery notification yet.. especially since they stated repeatedly that preorders will be served first and will happen in "priority order"
people seems to have big problems to read now AGAIN jolla has said you will get device 3-4 weeks after payment. Now how hard can it be to understand that!?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
people seems to have big problems to read now AGAIN jolla has said you will get device 3-4 weeks after payment. Now how hard can it be to understand that!?
Doesn't change a thing, they wont be well seen... I was expecting to get mine at least at the same time as DNA starts to sell them in Finland...

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
you're right about them beeing still in that timeframe of the 3-4 weeks. But still the *impression* it gives to "ignore" the non-finnish preorders and start selling the Phone in regular (DNA)-stores in Finland is not that good in my opinion. Especially after the whole "I am the First One" campain connected to the preordering.

On the other hand it's still all speculation, we'll see if it holds true on wednesday.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ switzerland
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
NOT fair dammit. We PAID early to get them early.
Just my personal opinion, but I always regarded my pre-order as
  • A guarantee that I will get a phone in case they are sold out (not that I am the first one to get one)
  • A way to support Jolla during the pre-production phase

I always assumed that the phones will hit stores on the same day as pre-orders start shipping.. That's how it is no matter what you pre-order, usually, anyway. (compare to pre-ordering on Amazon; your order gets shipped on the same day the product is released, but "regular" people can also order it on that same day)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ziller For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by davidoz View Post
if this is true it sucks, Jolla ashamed, are you kidding who has already given you the money and keep the phones in stores DNA?
now understan this: its bussines its way more important they get as many devices sold as possible or else you can forget about updates for the phone in the future cause jolla dissapear. Now thats why we may seems not get device as fast as operator shop. I personally happy that thw get device out in shop before chrustmas the more sold the better for all un the end!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
It's funny how all these rants will go away the minute the phone reaches the hands of the people :-)

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post: