Posts: 50 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Melfa, VA, USA
That is my understanding from this thread. http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...light=usb+host

bad news is that the n810 has a diffrent usb port and may not work.

nrune

Posts: 345 | Thanked: 467 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by XooH View Post
It says :
... and obtain the correct adapter. What is required is a USB A (Female) to USB Mini-B (Male) OTG cable (sometimes called a OTG convertor cable)."

Is it really all ? (on n800)
I don't think that this Wiki page is correct. It e.g. links to an adapter at amazon which has a mini-usb-a plug while the n800 only accepts the mini-usb-b style plug. This is an important difference as this prevents proper usb otg operation as explained here: https://www.muru.com/linux/n800-usb-host/

Ciao, MoG

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
UPDATE USE THE DEB INSTEAD, thats it no reboot or anything
cdrom.deb
Penguinbait actually made a deb, what is the world coming to?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Thanks, just had a need for this so i searched and found this and works perfect.

I'm not using cdrom but I built a program called isomaster which creates/extracts iso and nero nrg images, but mount didnt know how to read iso9660... now it does

If anyone else has a need for this you can download the isomaster build from :
http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...er-1.3.all.deb

I guess time will tell if having iso image capabilites is of any use for me, but if you do something like offline wikipedia (1-4 gb) it would take forever to copy as thousands of files, so packaging into a single iso image would be much faster and manageable.

Thanks for the driver!

Edit : Wrong post.

Last edited by ustunozgur; 2008-01-13 at 18:54.

Penguinbait,

Awesome!
I have USB Host mode through osso status bar.
This little app makes that app even more powerful.
Way to go Penguinbait.

Dan

this dont work for me :-(
I have old DVD-Rom from IBM x21. (sorry, for my bad english)

/home/user # mount /dev/scd0 /root/mnt -t iso9660
mount: mounting /dev/scd0 on /root/mnt failed
/home/user # mount /dev/scd0 /root/mnt -t udf
mount: mounting /dev/scd0 on /root/mnt failed

smman - did you load all the modules? cdrom.ko, sr_mod.ko, isofs.ko, etc.? Does the directory /root/mnt exist? What does "dmesg" say when typed at the terminal? Are you in host mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tz1 View Post
smman - did you load all the modules? cdrom.ko, sr_mod.ko, isofs.ko, etc.? Does the directory /root/mnt exist? What does "dmesg" say when typed at the terminal? Are you in host mode?
I install cdrom.deb from first post and type "mount /dev/scd0 /root/mnt -t iso9660" and "mount /dev/scd0 /root/mnt -t udf" in xterm. It's not enough? :-( Please, help me. :-(
The HostMode is activate ( the usb-stick work fine)

You need to reset after installing the deb. I have no idea what else might be wrong, or if they are already mounted, which is why I asked what the output of dmesg was since that will give me more information. You need to have the drive attached with a CD already in it when you type the mount commands. If the CD takes too much power, you also need a powered hub. There are other possibilities, but generally dmesg will say if the device is recognized (it will either say something about power or found CD/DVD rom drive or something similar).

The Following User Says Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post: