Active Topics

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berlin/Germany
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I at least expected them to become big first.
They're #unlike.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v2px For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
Am i confused or is that tweet a change in policy?

Jolla: You have a guaranteed device by having pre-ordered it. Delivery information will follow soon.

Cause that doesnt mean anymore: 1st & 2nd wave preorders will be served first.
Seriously... I feel I shouldn't have believe in them :@

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
Am i confused or is that tweet a change in policy?
I don't think you are confused. And Jolla have moved the goalposts several times in the last few weeks, and hoped noone would notice. And they seem to have got away with it in the main - with people defending them by saying "You knew when preordered it that ..." or " You knew when you completed payment that ..." when the reality is that no, we didn't.

An example would be the beta nature of the OS. I sure as heck didn't know I'd be getting a beta when I preordered. And the Jolla specs didn't mention that until early November, when the website was revamped. Now I'm not particularly averse to it being beta. I'm just saying that information came very late to the party.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post:
[QUOTE=hemiwi;1394454]Am i confused or is that tweet a change in policy?

Seems they changed, but on prie-order faq "“The Other Half” will ship closer to the shipping date of your Jolla phone – we will keep you posted on progress." - no mention exlusively Finland .They started to ship (for Finland) only. So changing policy latter no matter. Another thing they must be deliver our preordered Jolla after payment complete in 3-4 weeks. After that they can have many problems if people become angry not receiving their Jolla this year (from preorder till complete payment). Changing rules after preorder and payment no matter in law rules. So just need wait as almost all must have Jolla in theyr hands after payment 4 weeks end.

Last edited by bbwork; 2013-12-10 at 11:56. Reason: add info

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
why is folk angry? As far as I know it still not 4weeks since ordered?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by rob_kouw View Post
Last night I woke up from a nightmare. Santa Claus coming from Lapland with a sled, white packages with fingerprints stacked up high. Suddenly the sled got stuck in the snow and wouldn't make it in time for Christmas!

I'm afraid I will relive this nightmare for the next couple of weeks. Maybe everything will sort out just in time...
of course in reality Santa's sled gets stuck due to lack of snow (global warming) while good old 1980's acid rain is ruining the presents payload

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
JollaHQ on Twitter just now: https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/statuses/410377368969031680

"EU shipments go out this week, please stay tuned. Thanks for your support."

Let's see if this holds true...

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 25 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Düsseldorf, Germany
Just calm down and relax.
I could have gone to Helsinki to pick up my Jolla 2 weeks ago, then I would have it now. But I would have hundreds of Euros less for Christmas presents ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to duesselschorsch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
JollaHQ on Twitter just now: https://twitter.com/JollaHQ/statuses/410377368969031680

"EU shipments go out this week, please stay tuned. Thanks for your support."

Let's see if this holds true...
ha ha ha, difference between me and somebody getting paid to write such Twitter is that I would write:

Some EU pre-order non-Finland shipments will go out this week..
or ALL EU pre-orders will ship out this week.

Just a PR watcher's observation.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
I was secretly hoping my Jolla would be shipped this week so I could receive it next week.