Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
-The 6 continents where LTE works apparently being Middle Earth, Narnia, Valhalla, Hades, Atlantis and Elop's pajamas.
I've always thought it just means the phone works on 6 continents. However I would actually bet also LTE will technically work on 6 continents. Of course limited 2.6 GHz coverage in Canada might not be much use to Americans, but that's a different story...

Lack of LTE functionality at launch is regrettable, but at least it's in the hardware. The last new phones I bought were Nokia E71 and ZTE Blade, and at the time of purchase HSUPA was promised for both of them (for E71 also other features) yet there was no hardware support and never will be.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
"Can others who didn’t pre-order get the device before me?
All pre-order customers are being prioritized before everyone else, including all our international customers."
LOL.... this is soooo funny. We Preorder the phone from 25.05.13 and get no shipping information (outside Finland)... and today or tomorow will DNS sales some devices for NON PRE ORDER !!!!

In next time, i will not pre order the phone again, no, i fly to Finland and buy one before other pre orderīs get his phone.... very nice!

cvp you are late....

Ranting about delayed shippment was yesterday....

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
In next time, i will not pre order the phone again, no, i fly to Finland and buy one before other pre orderīs get his phone.... very nice!
Be first Jolla by one week and help saving the aviation industry in one go, that's a plan

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Next time I hope jolla have some experience of releases and also hired some skilled market coordinator. Now it's just a mess.

I hope both the organisation and device will be top notch for the upcoming device. We will see but I'm optimist Dave so I'm sure it will become true. Let's forget about this device and this launch and focus on next.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Next time I hope jolla have some experience of releases and also hired some skilled market coordinator. Now it's just a mess.

I hope both the organisation and device will be top notch for the upcoming device. We will see but I'm optimist Dave so I'm sure it will become true. Let's forget about this device and this launch and focus on next.
a Market coordinator? What is that? Elop in his 20's?

With the price for one overpriced Market coordinator they may hire 3 extra packers and firmware flashers.

Somebody with half a gift price negotiation could then invite TNT, DHL, Fedex, UPS, local post representatives: we have 50 000 equal packages to send in 2 weeks and 100 000 + over the next year.
Use best bid , let them collect daily per country and let them auto update the tracking data to customers that have signed for this in during purchase.

On long term I 'd rather see them find that Security Engineer http://jolla.com/jobs and pay him enough to kick NSA out of our mobiles.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
On long term I 'd rather see them find that Security Engineer http://jolla.com/jobs and pay him enough to kick NSA out of our mobiles.
Dont worry, there are no NSA backdoors in Sailfish OS.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Which of course is the primary reason why it hasn't passed the certification in the land of the free

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
I ordered the Jolla phone simply because I trust the people behind it.

But if this trust didn't exist, then hell would freeze over before I'd preorder a product before knowing a single specification from it. I simply do not understand what could cause a company that uses the words "truly open" on their homepage to be so _secretive_.

It's as if nothing was learned from the days of the "surprise mentality". I wonder if the moment you create a company your brain's wiring suddenly reverses direction.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Says the NSA?

When the OS gains popularity they may need that extra security engineer. That is why I wish he / she gets hired soon enough or better, gets not hired , and does what he / she does out of principle and pure enjoyment.