Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
@yuzmemak, @flip1199, well if you're root as it looks like, then there cannot be much else hindering you than aegis I guess.
Are you 100% ceratin that you are running in Open Mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
check with [/usr/bin/aegis-constrain mode open]

The Following User Says Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by coderus View Post

ran that and got "mode=open: Yes"

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
hi,

mode=open: Yes

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
@yuzmemak, @flip1199, well if you're root as it looks like, then there cannot be much else hindering you than aegis I guess.
Are you 100% ceratin that you are running in Open Mode?
Hi,

What I am suspecting

This is my second try. Actually I tried after removing nitdroid without new harmattan image porting. And this try ended with no success. But what I don't remember is, did I got same error (permission denied) May be that try was not successful due to same error. But I don't remember did I get.

and I flash harmattan again.

Could be a change this ***0p4 folder was created on my first try and owner is different than root?

Is this quest ridiculous?

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by yuzmemak View Post
Hi,

What I am suspecting

This is my second try. Actually I tried after removing nitdroid without new harmattan image porting. And this try ended with no success. But what I don't remember is, did I got same error (permission denied) May be that try was not successful due to same error. But I don't remember did I get.

and I flash harmattan again.

Could be a change this ***0p4 folder was created on my first try and owner is different than root?

Is this quest ridiculous?
whatever the owner of /sailfish be, root should be able to mount a partition on top of it...

What you could do, of course is to make another folder, whatever name as it is called sailfish on the document just for your convenience.

So, try to:
mkdir /secondtry
mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /secondtry

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Malaysia
Hello everyone.

I need all the help I can get from you guys. I am not so sure if there is already a thread about this or not. I am new here.

After the thread on "Porting Sailfish to N9 (or other)" is out, I have decided to go and try it out.
It was going really well until I was stuck at Step 6 "Ubiboot and Sailfish". It is the Ubiboot that has I am having problems with.

The instruction said, "Leave the cable plugged in and allow ubiboot to enter maintenance mode." And that is what I did. I am not so sure what happens but this is the output,

Welcome to N9 Ubiboot ver. 0.3.4
(Boot loader is based on MOSLO ver. 0.0.13.1)

Try 1 (0)
Partitions exported successifully via USB
Configured 192.168.2.15 on USB
Starting DHCP server, offering 192.168.2.100

Starting TELNET server

And that's just about it...I haven't unplugged the cable up till now and I don't know what to do next? Should I pull the cable? What is maintenance mode?

I apologize for all the questions. As I have said it earlier I am new and trying to get Sailfish onto my N9. Please help me!

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
whatever the owner of /sailfish be, root should be able to mount a partition on top of it...

What you could do, of course is to make another folder, whatever name as it is called sailfish on the document just for your convenience.

So, try to:
mkdir /secondtry
mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /secondtry
Hi,

I did second folder and try to mount and same error again

permission denied

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by qu3 View Post
Hello everyone.

I need all the help I can get from you guys. I am not so sure if there is already a thread about this or not. I am new here.

After the thread on "Porting Sailfish to N9 (or other)" is out, I have decided to go and try it out.
It was going really well until I was stuck at Step 6 "Ubiboot and Sailfish". It is the Ubiboot that has I am having problems with.

The instruction said, "Leave the cable plugged in and allow ubiboot to enter maintenance mode." And that is what I did. I am not so sure what happens but this is the output,

Welcome to N9 Ubiboot ver. 0.3.4
(Boot loader is based on MOSLO ver. 0.0.13.1)

Try 1 (0)
Partitions exported successifully via USB
Configured 192.168.2.15 on USB
Starting DHCP server, offering 192.168.2.100

Starting TELNET server

And that's just about it...I haven't unplugged the cable up till now and I don't know what to do next? Should I pull the cable? What is maintenance mode?

I apologize for all the questions. As I have said it earlier I am new and trying to get Sailfish onto my N9. Please help me!
Hello,

Are you using a linux system to do this on?
Or Windows?
Because if you have Ubuntu for example your screen will show you some extra mounted devices where you should copy some files.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to RXShorty For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by RXShorty View Post
Hello,

Are you using a linux system to do this on?
Or Windows?
Because if you have Ubuntu for example your screen will show you some extra mounted devices where you should copy some files.

Regards.
Nope. I am currently using Windows. Unfortunately, I have never used a Linux-based OS in my life before. How can I make the extra mounted devices visible in Windows?

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish