Posts: 45 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Oulu, Finland
This might be the most comfortable phone I've used in landscape, which is kind of ironic. Let's hope there will be native landscape support for the browser, maps and all text input situations.

Except for the lack of landscape, YouTube experience is best with native browser. It has good audio/video sync and continues to play in background. Ok, maybe some playback controls would be nice too. Is this html5, xhtml or something like that. I remember Jolla supports html5 too, does it mean in the browser or can they run as separate apps?

I had a problem. Not one Android store or app could use mobile data, they wanted WLAN. Well they loaded web pages via mobile data, but that's not good enough. So I reset the phone and once again installed the Laadunjärvi update, but this time before anything else. Now mobile data works, it's a Christmas miracle!

Today, I've also learned Jolla can't find Nokia E71 JoikuSpot WLAN but it can find 25 encrypted networks from the neighbourhood. And that you should always try to reset your Jolla before buying a Netgear WLAN router that is impossible to configure.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hana For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by _Routser View Post
Edit. The facebook account has signed off when watching from the account settings. It has done so a few times now, entering username and password gets me online again. But this problem has occurred two times nowhoping for a fix at some point
Have you tried removing the facebook account, then removing the Jolla permission in Facebook apps and starting again with a fresh set up of Facebook on Jolla?

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
I want it now
check this:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...86#post1391586

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
Does anyone know what size picture to make it show the whole picture when using as ambiance?

Originally Posted by TrD View Post
Does anyone know what size picture to make it show the whole picture when using as ambiance?
From the specs page: Ample 4.5" IPS qHD (960x540) display, so 960x540 pixels would be optimal.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by att View Post
The most annoying thing for me has been that the SMTP sending doesn't work for my service provider. I have temporarily worked around this by using Gmail account to send all my emails out.
That's odd since I've got no problems whatsoever setting IMAP/SSL & SMTP/SSL access to my mailserver.
Does your provider use some nonstandard extensions (if SMTP even has anything like that...?)

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
That's odd since I've got no problems whatsoever setting IMAP/SSL & SMTP/SSL access to my mailserver.
Does your provider use some nonstandard extensions (if SMTP even has anything like that...?)
I read on IRC that email address != user name, which may be a problem. My personal SMTP uses different values there, and Jolla's UI doesn't allow you to enter different values.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
From the specs page: Ample 4.5" IPS qHD (960x540) display, so 960x540 pixels would be optimal.
Well, I know the screen resolution but if I want the ambiance to show the whole picture, 960x540 isnt optimal for that because there is vertical movement and the background moves too. With 960x540 it cuts X amount of pixels from left and right sides of the pic. Thats why I was asking if someone knew the right size, before I start messing around with pictures :P

Originally Posted by TrD View Post
Well, I know the screen resolution but if I want the ambiance to show the whole picture, 960x540 isnt optimal for that because there is vertical movement and the background moves too. With 960x540 it cuts X amount of pixels from left and right sides of the pic. Thats why I was asking if someone knew the right size, before I start messing around with pictures :P
Good point, I mispoke then. Perhaps download one of the out of the box pictures and copy? :-)

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by RX-51 View Post
Thanks for your reply!
XPrivacy and XPosed Framework would be installed for/on android for a full android app control.
Hypothesis:

The virtual layer by Alien Dalvik controls access to the Jolla hardware demanded by random Android applications .

I am worried that this Alien Dalvik layer acts like an Android OS that automatically says "yes, allow" on every request for data access from an Android application.

For "user convenience" AlienDalvik is trusted by Sailfish to access contact details, phone status, GPS, file system, enable network connection etc...hence the Android programs running on top of it are also trusted by default.

The question is, if XPrivacy running on Alien Dalvik would be aware of the other Android programs running on Alien Dalvik? They might as well be running in a separate "box".

I hope somebody can throw in a technical explanation to prove the contrary and show us that Sailfish is not a data grabbing playground for Android applications on the loose.

Thanks

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience