No Jolla for me for this weekend. Order finally changed to "in picking" though.
In the end I guess it's all good as I would have never actually read for the test extravaganza I have going on till next Tuesday. No matter how much In convinced myself I would have been able to do so.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I don't know if this has been mentionned already, probably, but I can't follow every page of this thread anymore.

The spreadsheet clearly demonstrated that shipping process is being prioritized based on the order numbers, those we got after full payment of the Jolla (except for the Finland priority above all). This is surprising, as this is not what we were told, and the spreadsheet also shows that these order numbers do not match the preorder dates, nor the invitations to Helsinki.

I suppose Jolla considered that with several waves of webshop invitations sent to first preorderers, then the following ones, and so on, they would have obtained order-based priority batches pretty close to the preorder-priority list they announced. It is true, and it should have worked quite well if unexpected issues would not have impeded their capability to ship each corresponding batch at once.

However, the mistake here - supposedly unrelated to the issues they have acknowledged - is that webshop invitations have not been sent according to preorder date. I myself received it in the second wave despite being invited to Helsinki (which was a good descriptor of my preorder-priority), and I know several people who got webshop credentials in the first wave despite preordering one week after May 20th, despite not being invited to Helsinki, and who got their device delivered while many earlier preorderers still have their status on "in picking".

They obviously had a chronological list based on preorders because they used it to invite people to Helsinki before any device was paid. The reason why they finally decided not to use it, and use the order list instead, remains obscure to me. Of course they can only ship paid devices, but they could just have filtered the preorder list to get only users who had fully paid by December 2nd. Using order list is obviously simpler, but that is not what they announced, and it can even be far from what they announced since webshop access does not correlate quite well with preorder date. And consequently, the same applies to order number and shipping status. For most people it works good enough, but it's really unfair for a minority of users who were bumped down for no reason.

This message is not a complaint, there is no point complaining anymore and I hope I will get the device by the end of the next week. This is just my attempt towards deciphering the method they used.

Sorry for the long post, no rage in it. Frustration is almost over (my brain does not know anymore what frustration is anyway, its frustration-specialized neurons are burnt :]). Just trying to sum up (well, wall of text is not a good summary, sorry) what we've learned from the spreadsheet.

Hope Jolla is not going to thank me for my patience, I am not being patient. I am forced to wait. :[

tl;dr - My understanding of how they defined priorities

# Basics
Devices served in preorder order (see JollaHQ tweets).

# Objectives
1. Finnish first wave, whatever the amount paid.
2. Rest of Europe first wave, 100 € first.

# Process
Can only ship fully paid device, so:
Preorder date → Webshop access in discrete waves → Expectations of order numbers based on initial preorder date, separated in cohorts depending on the webshop access wave. Shipment of a full cohort, or wave, should be done all at once (or close) to prevent unfair priorities among users belonging to the same wave.

# Problem
It seems that what happened is mostly the above, but to some extent, the following:
Preorder date Webshop access in discrete waves → Expectations of order numbers based on initial preorder date.

(Yes, I tried to use ASCII to draw a wrong way, sorry for that. :X)

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-13 at 23:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I can't see any spreadsheet!?
Where the hell is this spreadsheet file that everyone talks about?!

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
No tracking number yet, but order #2...871 is in picking.

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Here it is.

The Following User Says Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Search through the posts of earlier this week, maybe Monday. (Sorry, don't have it available in my N9)

The Following User Says Thank You to rob_kouw For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Watchmaker View Post
Here it is.
Here it is.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 292 | Thanked: 294 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Milan, Italy
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Here it is.
No, it's not there. It's here.

The Following User Says Thank You to Watchmaker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 49 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Berlin/Germany
Oh no, he is back!

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Seems to me from the spreadsheet that phones are moving into "In Picking" somewhat faster than they are then being shipped. I wonder if this is evidence of a new problem with Itella: Jolla staff working as hard as possible to get about 800 phones ready to ship per day, and then only approx. 400 phones per day being actually shipped.

The Following User Says Thank You to strongm For This Useful Post: