Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by haliava View Post
Ok, so the factory reset actually wipes firmware updates as well. After installing firmware update and reinstalling/readding Exchange account I'm now able to sync contacts, e-mails and calendar just fine. Great.
Thanks a lot for the debugging, the problem was that the device was already paired with the server with protocol 14.x, so server was trying to talk to the device using that protocol that we don't yet support.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Yep, I copied my mail config from my N9 and it works fine.
(except for the thing that it does not refresh inox on schedule...)

I m using imap/SSL (port 993) on the receive side and smtp/SSL (port 465) on the sending side.
Can you literally copy the setup (like copy a configuration file)?

I have so far not been able to fix my outgoing mail.

(I am also using the "saunalahti auth" server as the other
poster)

Can you give me any hints where should a I start looking for the email clients log files, maybe something there would give me a hint.

EPa

The Following User Says Thank You to EPa For This Useful Post:
Couple Dalvik bugs i found, one is pretty minor.

Android keyboard suggestions saved all my password in plaintext and suggests them after typing out first letter of them, could somebody check this out? Already messaged Jolla care by email about this.

Accelerometer is very delayed in android apps, impossible to use any applications which need it.

Not important and maybe not even possible to fix from Jollas end,
Twitch.tv streams doesn't work with any program. Firefox and Twitch native app shows nothing, Dolphin browser and some third-party apps shows some image, which seems like it's missing codecs and sounds play fine.

Native browser problems:
Can't change user agent from about:config, might be possible to watch Twitch through that but atm it doesn't detect our browser as mobile one. Also tried changing it from command prompt, but it didn't work.

Youtube etc doesn't show any buttons, just plays video.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JjyKs For This Useful Post:
I dont know how i managed but some contacts in my people app have same numbers 4 times. (tranfered directly from N9) If i try to delete them separately they allways come back.

Once looked what numbers my SIM had but there was only operator help numbers.

I have developermode on and running Whatsapp.

EDIT:

Guilty part is my old N9 not Jolla device. Afther i removed my SIM it has made some trics like it sometimes does.

Last edited by Wallace; 2013-12-12 at 13:25.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Mail apps bug (Saunalahti account)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Precondinations:
Operator: Elisa (Finland) with mobile data connection
Email account of Saunalahti (IMAP)
Incoming server address: pop.saunalahti.fi
Secure connection: Not in use
Port: 143

Outgoing server address: posti.saunalahti.fi
Secure connection: Not in use
Port: 25

Steps:
1) Choose New email
2) Write a valid receiver
3) Send the message

Problem:
The email cannot be sent. Error message "Problem with sync"

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Papru View Post
Does anyone have same problem:
There comes notification about new mail. When you open that mail from event page, email app opens and shows your new email but it shows that email is empty (stays white and there is no that loading circle indicator). If you go back to inbox and there select that new mail, it shows it right. I dont remember if this had happen every time.
Same problem here

It would be nice to have the android notifications, as they have sound and icon, to also use the led-system.
Also, the Jolla gallery to show pictures that are saved from android apps.

Last edited by andreas1; 2013-12-13 at 20:18.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Some findings after 5 days of use. Mostly good so far, but UI has some small inconsistencies and problems like
  • Pulley menu is used to send an email, but for SMS there is small "send" text button which is easy to miss first time.
  • Call is answered from Pulley menu, but terminated by pressing a text button.
  • Recent calls list is dangerous as any accidental touch will immediately initiate a call.
  • When I select "Call Contact" from Pulley menu I want to have the keyboard immediately and not just another list of recent calls + keyboard hidden below.
  • Web browser menu in the bottom is too bright and big - it distracts from browsing.
  • OTOH application covers need more contrast and quick way to differentiate SMS from Email from Phone etc.

The Sailfish UI reminds me early MacOSX -- the foundations were good, but transparency and eye candy were taken too far and usability was suffering. I really hope Jolla takes a note and keeps on improving the UI even if some original decisions have to be changed.

Personally I would like to see more graphical elements especially when the element is a button - it is sometimes hard to figure out if something can be pressed (or even long pressed) or if it is just a text.

Some other glitches and comments
  • Exchange sync continues after "Peak time ends" setting.
  • Can't get secure SMTP delivery to work (smtp.auth.saunalahti.fi, SSL, etc.) - "Problem with Sync" or something.
  • Jolla store should show new apps and hide the mostly useless comments in the front page -- now the comments just make it hard to find what is new there.
  • I tried to set various sounds (calendar alarms etc) but any changes were silently ignored until I noticed that the phone was on silent mode - easy to miss because the "Silence sounds" status does not stand out so well from the rest of the list.

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to vo-de For This Useful Post:
Hey I am trying to connect my Twitter account to my Jolla phone. But unfortunately after accepting the license requirements and the loading screen appears I am again at the accounts existing screen. I am not even able to enter my credentials.

I already did reset the phone twice to get it working.. but still it does not work, even after the update.

The Following User Says Thank You to qrosh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
I have to constantly disable and re-enable wifi to make it work. It just simply stops working after a while, even though it shows that it's connected. Maybe it's related to this, but Twitter feed never updates on its own, I always have to manually update.