Active Topics

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
@taixzo
two requests (just personally from my side): after such amount of posts betwenn your posts please include a short/your prob'em description or a link. And cut your log file down to the problematic section (it really was a PITA to look after). Good was you used pastebin and did not spam this thread with log texts (smth I really hate).

OK, to your problem. It is obvious:
Dec 10 20:49:28 (none) user.notice root: Cannot load Nemo kernel /boot/Nemo/boot/bzImage
Dec 10 20:49:28 (none) user.notice root: Boot OS/kernel selection failed
Either you have a mismatch in ubiboot.conf (not pointing nemo/sailfish to p4) or you have made a mistake during extraction or there is no filesystem at all on p4.
check with
devel-su
mkdir /mnt/p4
mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/p4
ls /mnt/p4
If you find the files, then it is ubiboot.conf problem. Check yourself or show...

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Because it seems that many people have trouble setting up ubiboot environment correctly, I have released a special SailfishOS-version of ubiboot-02-0.3.5

This version contains preconfigured scripts to boot Harmattan and any release of SailfishOS installed to normal location on ALT_OS partition.
Additionally, there are only 2 icons on the startup screen.
The l2-fixed kernel and harmattan preinit file si included

Get the version from here.
Read the documentation before installing.

so there.

---------- edit ----------

Mirror site for the archive on skeiron server.
As well as documentation

Last edited by juiceme; 2013-12-13 at 21:23. Reason: Added mirror

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
@taixzo
two requests (just personally from my side): after such amount of posts betwenn your posts please include a short/your prob'em description or a link. And cut your log file down to the problematic section (it really was a PITA to look after). Good was you used pastebin and did not spam this thread with log texts (smth I really hate).

OK, to your problem. It is obvious:
Either you have a mismatch in ubiboot.conf (not pointing nemo/sailfish to p4) or you have made a mistake during extraction or there is no filesystem at all on p4.
check with
devel-su
mkdir /mnt/p4
mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/p4
ls /mnt/p4
If you find the files, then it is ubiboot.conf problem. Check yourself or show...
There is no filesystem on p4:

Code:
~ # mkdir /mnt/p4
~ # mount /dev/mmcblk0p4 /mnt/p4/
mount: mounting /dev/mmcblk0p4 on /mnt/p4 failed: Invalid argument
~ #
My Alt_OS partition seems to be /dev/mmcblk0p2. /dev/mmcblk0p4 is the extended partition, so the actual filesystems are on partitions 1,2,3,5 and 6.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Because it seems that many people have trouble setting up ubiboot environment correctly, I have released a special SailfishOS-version of ubiboot-02-0.3.5

Read the documentation before installing.

so there.

Nice one.
Next request will be DEB file for single-click installation ... .

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-12-13 at 14:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
@taixzo
If you choose the hard way by creating extended partition, then you should know where your OS should go.
Please check for p5 and/or p6 then (of course).

--
Oh, and if your nemo/sailfish is really on p2, then your harmattan needs also adaptation (as said before) ...

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2013-12-13 at 17:05.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Nice one.
Next request will be DEB file for single-click installation ... .
Yeah well, anything to please the public
But seriously, I was once contemplating on creating a DEB of ubiboot install but (un)fortunately it is not possible since the internal flasher seems to refuse to flash unsigned binaries.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Austria/Germany
it might be easier for a lot of people to have a Deb package to install config, cpio and scripts 'n stuff so that the only thing they'd have to do then is to flash the kernel after install...

We believe in you

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ China
Hi,juiceme. I am Fotix
Have u ever thought about add chinese language version to make more people in China use the great software?
Or maybe I can help translate.

The Following User Says Thank You to FotixChiang For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FotixChiang View Post
Hi,juiceme. I am Fotix
Have u ever thought about add chinese language version to make more people in China use the great software?
Or maybe I can help translate.
That would be nice, since I do not speak chinese.
If you could do translation of the documentation, that would be beautiful

As for the texts in the ubiboot itself, the menu symbols are graphic, just easy to change if anybody wants to do that, as well as the info panel that is accessed by the "i" button on the menu, that's easy also.

It is more difficult to change the error messages and such, as I think there's not chinese font for text2screen that I am using to write that text.
It could be possible to replace at least the boot error texts with pictures... yes that is doable!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ ^^ IRAN ^^ - Tehran :D
hi juiceme
your message box in maemo.org is full ?
can i contact you ?
thanks for reserved icon in ubiboot
i need some help for add backup menu in ubiboot

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farfary For This Useful Post: