Posts: 466 | Thanked: 335 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
All I expect as an "early investor" is a public, properly cared for, bug tracker.
They don't have the time&resources to maintain a public bugtracker right now. there was a pretty official statement saying that it would be useless for them to open a bugtracker because nobody from Jolla would look at it, and everybody would just get more frustrated for not getting the bugs fixed that they reported.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Btw. I just wonder how many who actually has tried to POST a message in Jolla phone and edit the trext moving the cursor? It was bad on N9 but even worse now.
Like I said earlier, you are using a crap browser so its not the fault of the site It can be Gecko or WebKit or <insert-flavour-of-the-season> but if the UI isn't integrated well with the engine, its like applying lipstick on a pig

I use FF on droid and yet don't have any problems viewing, posting or even moderating the site. I double-click on an area and it zooms in well there unlike what I suspect you are suffering on Jolla's browser which may be similar to the oddities exhibited in qmlmozembed.

Of course everything can be improved upon but its nowhere as bad as you make it out to be just because you have sub-standard tools

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
They don't have the time&resources to maintain a public bugtracker right now. there was a pretty official statement saying that it would be useless for them to open a bugtracker because nobody from Jolla would look at it, and everybody would just get more frustrated for not getting the bugs fixed that they reported.
Yep, "right now" isn't important. Guess to be more accurate, I would expect a public bugtracker to be on the roadmap of real commitments.

Sending bugs down some e-mail blackholes just isn't this person's cup of tea anymore. There's so much inefficiency there, it mostly makes sense to do something else with my life.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
You should check the Android compatibility app comments on Jolla Shop. Pretty much the least organized bug tracker possible.

Also a really good way to learn finnish words describing despair, destruction and dissapointment.
OK. I already speak Finnish, guess I can skip it for the language lessons. I'm also not installing the Android layer at all so far. Gives a better feel of exactly what native stuff is missing and how to get along with it.

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
After I managed to finally install Google Play and many apps from there my frustration regarding Jolla eased a bit...

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
That was also something I absolutely loved on N9 and N900. Now I have to do with Android-version of Skype, but as far as I know, many of those communication tools in N9 were built on top of one framework to integrate them to unified user experience. Sailfish already has XMPP, but does it have Harmattan-style framework in place already? If it does, it shouldn't be too difficult job to develop many of those tools from Harmattan-versions.
harmattan used telepathy for these things and sailfish uses that too. It should be possible to support more protocols. I cannot comment on what will be supported in the future as this is not my area.

Skype is owned by Microsoft. I can only say that ... ;/

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
So how do we sync messages off N9
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=14

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
OK thanks.
They're in NEMO home folder (subfolder Dropbox), normal MP3 songs so no idea why player doesnt index them.

Bug? :-)
tracker will not index all /home/nemo/ subfolders.
Documents, Music, Photos and I cannot recall what else will be indexed.

you can make any subolders under Music/ and put your songs there and it should get indexed.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
The indexed directories are listed in /home/nemo/.config/user-dirs.dirs

Maybe you can even change them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by bennypr0fane View Post
So instead 50 people report the same bug to an email address (care@jolla.com, developer-care@jolla.com) or send feature requests to info@jolla.com, that someone is supposed to monitor (though most likely isn't)? That's three email addresses, take your pick. Send the same email to all of them, maximise your chance of a response.

There is no visibility of what bugs are already known - or if a solution/workaround is available for a bug - when you use email so the same bugs will be reported over and over and over until they are fixed (if they are ever fixed). Do you really think an email blackhole such as this is a better use of Jolla resources than a public Bugzilla, or a better way of engaging with end users about the problems they are facing with the platform? If so, why doesn't every project use email to report bugs rather than waste time maintaining a bug tracker?

The thing is, the more excuses I hear about Jolla NOT implementing a public Bugzilla, the more I am reminded of the Nokia of old and how they claimed they could only ever manage an internal bug tracker for Harmattan (although they still - no doubt grudgingly - put up a public tracker, but rarely gave it much attention). It might be too early to say this, but some old habits do seem to die hard and sadly this is one of them.

A public bug tracker is a hugely positive way in which to engage with users (customers) and address their problems, concerns and ideas. For a company that claims to be open, it should be a high priority but if it's not even on their to-do list then nothing has really changed, the closed mentality is the same as it ever was, only the name above the door is now different.

I'm here to support Jolla, but it seems they're farking it up already and in a very Nokian-way. The software - as it stands - simply isn't that great (but it's beta, so lets cut it some slack), the hardware is over priced budget specification (but we paid the high price to support the "dream", not to buy top-notch hardware, right?), and their attempts at engaging with their users amounts to nothing more than Twitter and a developers mailing list. It's really pretty sub-standard all around.

It's early days, and maybe Jolla can improve their communication in 2014, but if not I don't fancy their chances. I've sent several bugs through to developer-care@jolla.com and not had a single reply, so if nothing else an unmonitored Bugzilla would at least mean other users can quickly see that a bug is being experienced by others, and learn if there is a solution/workaround, or add their experiences. Sending emails to a blackhole helps nobody.

Last edited by Milhouse; 2013-12-18 at 11:52.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience