Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Like I said earlier, you are using a crap browser so its not the fault of the site It can be Gecko or WebKit or <insert-flavour-of-the-season> but if the UI isn't integrated well with the engine, its like applying lipstick on a pig

I use FF on droid and yet don't have any problems viewing, posting or even moderating the site. I double-click on an area and it zooms in well there unlike what I suspect you are suffering on Jolla's browser which may be similar to the oddities exhibited in qmlmozembed.

Of course everything can be improved upon but its nowhere as bad as you make it out to be just because you have sub-standard tools
most stupid and ignorant answer this week.

and people wonder why TMO is not a place for non geeks....

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I've followed the tutorial to get Play Store working on Sailfish, transfered "system" folder", got root privileges (checked afterwards with whoami), ran the rsync command without any issue, rebooted, installed the .apk files, and yet Play Stores crashes the second I launch it. Anything I did wrong? I ran rsync from Fingerterm on the Jolla itself.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
most stupid and ignorant answer this week.

and people wonder why TMO is not a place for non geeks....
Ah. OK. I would surely ask why so, if I wasn't on your ignore list for reasons I don't really get. :<

Last edited by Kabouik; 2013-12-18 at 01:02.

Posts: 64 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Joensuu, Finland
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I use FF on droid...
...which has exactly what to do with the Jolla user experience?

The Following User Says Thank You to jsiren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by jsiren View Post
...which has exactly what to do with the Jolla user experience?
you can use droid-FF on Jolla too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leinad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Btw. I just wonder how many who actually has tried to POST a message in Jolla phone and edit the trext moving the cursor? It was bad on N9 but even worse now.
The holy grail of text editing on the N9 was that key page with cursors and common auxiliary keyboard buttons that you get on a long press of ABC (Edit) in the number key page of the Swype keyboard. I didn't know it even existed for like the first couple of months and then I incidentally changed to it and started puking rainbows. The only thing it misses are shift / ctrl keys to allow you to easily select words / lines.

I have pretty much given up editing text and posting on forums / blogs on my N9 prior to that 'discovery', especially on pages with limited text entry fields where scrolling to select/change a word would become so frustrating that I couldn't even bother. If Sailfish doesn't have such keypage on their keyboard - they need to add it ASAP (or we need Swype for Sailfish). No matter how precise your digitizer is, sometimes you just cannot beat good ol' key select.

Last edited by zwer; 2013-12-18 at 01:54.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zwer For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
See the previous post

64GB microSD cards are actually SDXC cards so they require reformatting to use some other filesystem than exFAT. If I remember correctly some people in this thread have reported that SDXC cards formatted with ext4 work with Jolla.
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before:

The 64GB micro SDXC cards work fine in the Jolla when formatted as standard FAT (i.e. FAT32). The belief that FAT32 is not able to handle such large partitions comes from the fact that the Windows disk format utilities cannot format such large partitions.

However, using the Disk utility in Ubuntu, and formatting as 'FAT' there works fine, and reads correctly on Windows, Jolla, and Ubuntu (and presumably other distros).

(Notice the FAT32 maximum volume size and the note in wikipedia.)

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to caa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, who will use exFAT, if they could format their cards with FAT32...?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
So - anyone figured out how to synchronise music from Windows 7 media player to the Jolla? More specifically, how to synchronise to the SD card (synchronising to internal memory works fine, but there's only about 11Gb of free space there, and I've got 10Gb of music ...)

Not quite sure what the point of an invisible SD card is.
Here are some help until Jolla can implement a better solution:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1054
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1727

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
Sadly, I'm coming to the same conclusion.

Not a single compared to the N9 that is better or equal on Sailfish. And (as mentioned in previous posts) several crucial stuff missing: MMS, connection to company WIFI, etc.
That's funny as I on the other hand have found out that there's awfully lot more stuff in the repos as was for N9 when it came out...

Granted that I needed to install things like python and less when they were preinstalled on N9, but they are just a "zypper in" away, and on the other hand to get things like rsync or luks you had to install additional community repos.
(which were not there in the beginnig, BTW...)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Btw. I just wonder how many who actually has tried to POST a message in Jolla phone and edit the trext moving the cursor? It was bad on N9 but even worse now.
That's actually true, but it is a limitation in the browser (or actually the keyboard part not having cursor arrows)
Same thing happens on other sites where you need to type long POC on a textbox...

However it's good to know that one is also coming (like the landscape mode on browser wich will help a lot... used exclusively landscape on N9)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience