Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
If you cannot boot Harmattan at all, boot to ubiboot maintanance console, copy the tarfile in device and extract the file there...
i am boot Harmattan,
please share the original files: sbin/evtap & preinit

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by trafick View Post
i am boot Harmattan,
please share the original files: sbin/evtap & preinit
You need those only if you want to use Backupmenu without ubiboot.
Ubiboot uses a bit different approach.

However, if you really need those:
  • The file "/sbin/preinit_harmattan" is same as the original "/sbin/preinit", so you can get it from the preinits.tar file.
  • As for evtap, you can find it in many places, for example if you want to compile it yourself, the source is on my svn server: https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/sillykbd/TRUNK/evtap.c
    Compiled binary you can get from ubiboot rootfs for example: https://toosa.swagman.org/svn/animat.../usr/bin/evtap
    (that's tha latest, version 0.9.0, I am not sure which one you need as the command parameters have changed in different versions...)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 64 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Tehran - Iran
Hi
I had installed BackUp Menu before I installed Ubiboot.
I want to add BackUp Menu to Ubiboot (use Ubiboot to launch to BacUp Menu)
I thought to use NitDroid menu so I tried combinations of these changes to Ubiboot rev. 0.3.3:

a)
1) G_NITDROID_INITSCRIPT="\/sbin\/preinit"
2) G_NITDROID_INITSCRIPT="\/sbin\/init"

b)
1)
G_NITDROID_1_LABEL="Eyes zImage.pr13 G_NITDROID_1_FILE="/boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage.pr13"
2)
G_NITDROID_1_LABEL="Eyes zImage.pr13 G_NITDROID_1_FILE="/boot/backupmenu/boot/zImage.pr13"
3)
G_NITDROID_1_LABEL="Eyes zImage.pr13 G_NITDROID_1_FILE="/boot/multiboot/boot/zImage.pr13"

c)
above changes with zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix

but phone didn't boot! and the warning: use maintenance kernel and ...

I attached Screen Shots of BackUpMenu containings.
I would be glad to recieve your guidances to run BackUp Menu with Using Ubiboot.

with regards
Attached Files
File Type: zip ScreenShots.zip (227.4 KB, 91 views)

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by hrbani View Post
Hi
I had installed BackUp Menu before I installed Ubiboot.
I want to add BackUp Menu to Ubiboot (use Ubiboot to launch to BacUp Menu)
I thought to use NitDroid menu so I tried combinations of these changes to Ubiboot rev. 0.3.3:

a)
1) G_NITDROID_INITSCRIPT="\/sbin\/preinit"
2) G_NITDROID_INITSCRIPT="\/sbin\/init"

b)
1)
G_NITDROID_1_LABEL="Eyes zImage.pr13 G_NITDROID_1_FILE="/boot/Nitdroid/boot/zImage.pr13"
2)
G_NITDROID_1_LABEL="Eyes zImage.pr13 G_NITDROID_1_FILE="/boot/backupmenu/boot/zImage.pr13"
3)
G_NITDROID_1_LABEL="Eyes zImage.pr13 G_NITDROID_1_FILE="/boot/multiboot/boot/zImage.pr13"

c)
above changes with zImage_2.6.32.54-openmode_l2fix

but phone didn't boot! and the warning: use maintenance kernel and ...

I attached Screen Shots of BackUpMenu containings.
I would be glad to recieve your guidances to run BackUp Menu with Using Ubiboot.

with regards
First thing is, I suggest you update to ubiboot 0.3.5 as it contains lots of bugfixes.

As for running backupmenu, of course the "correct" way to do that is to embed the backup menu under ubiboot, so that it works in the ubiboot maintanance mode domain. That is still WIP, and I might look at it one of these days when I've got some spare time to do it...

What you can do, however is to do what I guess you were after now: Launching bacupmenu in Harmattan preinit context. This would mean chainloading like ubiboot->backupmenu->Harmattan, so that first you boot with ubiboot, and when you select Harmattan you would get into the backupmenu selection before it boots up.
That should indeed be easy, even as I have not checked this myself. Just make sure that the "/sbin/preinit" installed by backupmenu is there, and then set the ubiboot.conf key like you have in a.) - 1.), G_NITDROID_INITSCRIPT="\/sbin\/preinit"

That should work, yes.

Now, as for why your device doesn't boot, when you install ubiboot 0.3.5 it is much easier to debug. You can see what's the problem by looking at the file MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
...That should indeed be easy, even as I have not checked this myself. Just make sure that the "/sbin/preinit" installed by backupmenu is there, and then set the ubiboot.conf key like you have in a.) - 1.), G_NITDROID_INITSCRIPT="\/sbin\/preinit"

That should work, yes.

Now, as for why your device doesn't boot, when you install ubiboot 0.3.5 it is much easier to debug. You can see what's the problem by looking at the file MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log.
I did but it went to Nitdroid menu with no kernel and with adding kernels the mentioned error.

I did but it went to Nitdroid menu with no kernel and with adding kernels the mentioned error.
Did you install ubiboot 0.3.5 ?
If so, please post the log from MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log
If not, please post the log from /var/log/ubiboot.log

Did you install ubiboot 0.3.5 ?
If so, please post the log from MyDocs/boot/ubiboot.log
If not, please post the log from /var/log/ubiboot.log
Hi Dear Juiceme and thanks a lot
Not yet, but I will install it tonight.
I attached it.
I don't know any thing about programming of BackUp Menu and Ubiboot, but I think Ubiboot base is runinnig OS in main menu with the selected submenu kernel is it right? So I think we need to an icon in main menu with no sub menu (for kernel selection) that only runs preinit. Or the "i" icon in sub menu (after we select it in main menu) can be used for running preinit.
What is your opininon? Is it easy to change ubiboot-02.menus.cpio to do above idea or its a time taking process?
Attached Files
File Type: zip ubibootdmesg.zip (142.9 KB, 77 views)
File Type: zip ubibootlog.zip (120 Bytes, 75 views)

Hi Dear Juiceme and thanks a lot
Not yet, but I will install it tonight.
I attached it.
I don't know any thing about programming of BackUp Menu and Ubiboot, but I think Ubiboot base is runinnig OS in main menu with the selected submenu kernel is it right? So I think we need to an icon in main menu with no sub menu (for kernel selection) that only runs preinit. Or the "i" icon in sub menu (after we select it in main menu) can be used for running preinit.
What is your opininon? Is it easy to change ubiboot-02.menus.cpio to do above idea or its a time taking process?
Unfortunately the more important log file (ubiboot.log) is empty in your zipfile

As for the menu, I think the way to launch the backupmenu is from it's own icon, the tools menu in 0.3.5

Hi,
i wasnt using android for a long time and recently wanted to boot into it ( im using backup menu boot selector ) and all what happens after choosing android is power off.
I did an android restore from a previously made backup but the problem stays. I gues it happened after i updated to the last version of backup menu 1.1_9 . Is there an older version ie 1.1_8 somewhere to download??
Or maybe you guys know how to fix that issue??

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to dna77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 147 | Thanked: 300 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ ^^ IRAN ^^ - Tehran :D
Originally Posted by dna77 View Post
Hi,
i wasnt using android for a long time and recently wanted to boot into it ( im using backup menu boot selector ) and all what happens after choosing android is power off.
I did an android restore from a previously made backup but the problem stays. I gues it happened after i updated to the last version of backup menu 1.1_9 . Is there an older version ie 1.1_8 somewhere to download??
Or maybe you guys know how to fix that issue??

Cheers
upload your "/sbin/preinit"

The Following User Says Thank You to farfary For This Useful Post: