Active Topics

Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
Holy cow! Mine is in picking as well. 15xx Switzerland.

But I still want the tax back

The Following User Says Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
What do you guys mean by tax back? Have we been overcharged for taxes or something?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mariusmssj View Post
What do you guys mean by tax back? Have we been overcharged for taxes or something?
The tax issue relates only to people outside of EU's tax area, like Norway, Switzerland, Åland and Jersey.

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Posts: 277 | Thanked: 285 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Poland
He's outside EU, he paid Finnish tax and now he'll have to pay Swiss tax and he only has to pay Swiss, so he wants Finnish back.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szymeczek34 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Store is up and running and it have a coupon-button. Anyone knows if jolla planning to have a Dev-discount? If user submit an application you can buy jolla with discount. 199 Euro or similar. Do they excpect that we will be Beta testers of their phone and SDK plus creating applications on our own time and everything for free?

I don't like the smell of this.
Maybe they are converting the unused 100e preorders to coupons?

Originally Posted by LordSnick View Post
Well my order has always been 321.70 without shipping cost. So i asume i haven't payed taxes at this moment.
When did you preorder?

I preordered mine in June, maybe they fixed it at some later point. In that case I guess it should be fair to treat us all equally.

EDIT: Oh, actually, it's the order date that should matter, right? Nov 25th here...

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway, Oslo
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
When did you preorder?

I preordered mine in June, maybe they fixed it at some later point. In that case I guess it should be fair to treat us all equally.

EDIT: Oh, actually, it's the order date that should matter, right? Nov 25th here...

Preordered €0 option 01.06 and webshop 27.11 paid he same day.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LordSnick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by att View Post
The tax issue relates only to people outside of EU's tax area, like Norway, Switzerland, Åland and Jersey.
Actually, it's not just non-EU.

If you're a business in the EU you can have tax taken off business purchases at source instead of going through the hassle of claiming it back from another EU member which is rarely worth it for the one purchase.

Jolla weren't and presumably still aren't set up for intra-EU B2B transactions though and I wasn't going to miss out on a new phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rentze View Post
When did you preorder?

I also ordered on the 25th (pre-order in May). I'll def. have to write Jolla about that - but I'll wait after Christmas. We shouldn't have paid the EU/Finish tax but will have to pay our VAT. And probably also customs duty...although I'm not sure about that since it's coming from an EU country - the hole thing confuses me anyways

The only thing I want now is my Jolla on Monday 23/12 before 6pm (that's where I leave to visit my family & my holiday starts). Let's hope it works out!

Last edited by caprico; 2013-12-19 at 21:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caprico View Post
I also ordered on the 25th (pre-order in May). I'll def. have to write Jolla about that - but I'll wait after Christmas. We shouldn't have paid the EU/Finish tax but will have to pay our VAT. And probably also customs duty...although I'm not sure about that since it's coming from an EU country - the hole thing confuses me anyways

The only thing I want now is my Jolla on Monday 23/12 before 6pm (that's where I leave to visit my family & my holiday starts). Let's hope it works out!
I looked it up a couple of days back (found an official website for such matters), and there is apparently no customs fee when importing a cell phone from the EU... But I could be wrong, I suck at laws.

They didn't respond to my question on Twitter, so I guess they're still looking into it. Somehow I believe they'll sort it out.

BTW I'm here until Thursday so I really hope to get the damn thing so I can brag back home

Last edited by rentze; 2013-12-19 at 21:35.