Active Topics

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
FedEx Estimated delivery : Mon 23/12/2013 Just like I said

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Rome,IT
sperem ... Io non ci credo molto

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 221 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Got my jolla today. Pretty good but not that impressed yet.Battery life sucks big time, after 5 hrs under 50%. Google chat can receive messages but can't send any unless someone sends me a msg first. Well hope that they get all these bugs fixed.
goViihde, an Elisa Viihde client for N9
Shortcut Stash Home Screen Widget

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Finland
The battery life should get better after a few reloading cycles. It's just some battery chemistry warming up

The Following User Says Thank You to Naranek For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Confederatio Helvetica
No info on the FedEx website yet (non-EU)... I hope they didn't change it to "in picking" just to appease us

The Following User Says Thank You to rentze For This Useful Post:
Left FedEx origin facility half an hour ago

They're literaly moving right now.

Originally Posted by rentze View Post
No info on the FedEx website yet (non-EU)... I hope they didn't change it to "in picking" just to appease us
Doesn't look different to me. I feel I had so much patience with Jolla, but I'm close to say "it's enough". It's just depressing when EVERYONE get's their device, except for us non-EU countries. There never was a mention that we would be treat differently and now we're really "The Last Ones".

I never experienced something that bad in my hole online ordering/shipping experience (again I belong to one of the first to order that phone!) and if it wasn't Jolla, I'd have already written a huge customer complained.

I also can't figure out what issues Jolla has with delivieries to non-EU countries (despite different handling of VAT). Ordered already a lot from outside Switzerland and there never was a problem and delivery didn't take longer than within EU countries.

A simple email from Jolla about what the heck is going on with shippements to Switz/Norway would be nice...but no, nothing. Instead we lose a lot of time with checking status and shipment tracking (because we want/need to know and have the right to know when shippements arrive - it's not that we have nothing to do all day and sit around to wait for the FedEx guy). I'm at the point where I don't care anymore if the device arrives late - but I want to know a certain time frame. Is that to much to ask?

So far Jolla has been very, very closed in communication and customer support (especially compared to Nokia) - that needs to chance 180degrees in 2014 (else I'm very pessimistic for Jolla)!! I respect problems a start-up can have, appreciate the efforts of that very likeable team, but that silence (or should I even say ignorance?) Jolla has towards us goes to far - to much is to much.

Happily Sailfish OS doesn't seem to be the same big mess as their communication, shipping and customer care - that's good to know and still worth waiting for. I hope the device in my hands will erase the bad impression which starts to come up.

At least this is good news from Twitter: "Yes, in case of double VAT you will get it re-funded."

Last edited by caprico; 2013-12-20 at 23:21.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to caprico For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ milano
From picking yesterday shipped today 19 to 20. Expected arrival Fedextracks Monday December 23, Milan, Italy. Gooo!! At least, I hope. We'll see.

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Helsinki
I live in Finland and I don't have my Jolla yet. It's ironical newspapers and bus stops show large DNA/Jolla commercials that claim direct availability.

I did get my hat on Thursday though.

I understand nobody likes waiting, but people need to get some perspective here. There's a world full of war, hunger, disease and death – surely all that drama over a phone that arrives a few days later than desired is unnecessary?

I am curious about the hold-up though. I wonder if the phones needed a crucial last minute software update or Other Half firmware update. Maybe they had to write down the device IDs for warranty purposes. Or somebody really messed up the link between payments, addresses and accounts – though that actually looks OK from the website. Or they just didn't have enough people to handle the paperwork.

Which filesystem are people using on the microSD? Is Btrfs a good choice? CoW filesystems can be slow with database files and other large files that get updated a lot in random places, so perhaps not the best choice for things like mailboxes, SMS stores and metadata databases. Maybe I format it with vFat or exFat then, for maximum compatibility...

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
wvh can't you just cancel your order and go to a DNA shop and buy a Jolla?