Active Topics

www.mceguru.com

neat program that allows to stream AND remote control media on your Windows Vista Media center.

lots of work put into this, looks promising.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to newf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by newf View Post
www.mceguru.com

neat program that allows to stream AND remote control media on your Windows Vista Media center.

lots of work put into this, looks promising.
Is this available for windows xp proffesional mce?

Hi there !

I'm the author of MCEGuru.
Unfortunately it is only available for Vista MCE right now, cause I actually don't have time to maintain 2 versions :s

Do not hesitate to ask if you need more info !

Regards,

Thibault

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Xoubir For This Useful Post:
Could I try it? I have an n800 and a laptop that runs Windows Vista: Home Premium and Ubuntu.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
xoubir... AWESOME program .... saved me alot of time and money from buying a BT reciever to connect to my home theater and tryin to get A2DP to work.... only two requests i would want , when browsing music will you add the ability to see playlists , and in the now playing view , would love an option to see the queue. again , GREAT work!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
Xoubir, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this application, OMFG !! It works brilliantly, I FINALLY have a reason to keep my NIT and friggin Vista.

I just finished installing and setting it all up and this has got to be one of THE BEST apps I've used on the NIT so far, putting it bluntly, it just WORKS ! Right out of the box it does exactly as advertised and what you would want from a touchscreen remote, and best yet, running MCE through my Xbox 360, it friggin works on that too !! It controls the 360 and all the controls just like it was going through your PC.

Thank you so very much for this great app.

If anyone has a Vista box I can't recommend enough this application.

The Following User Says Thank You to TTgowings For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Xoubir View Post
Hi there !

I'm the author of MCEGuru.
Unfortunately it is only available for Vista MCE right now, cause I actually don't have time to maintain 2 versions :s

Do not hesitate to ask if you need more info !

Regards,

Thibault
Not to be a pain in the arse but are you and when will xp version be available? This seems like a solution for me.
I,ve been lookin for something like this but hate the use of vista due to high cpu usage and I just plain dont like vista and its incapanilities with most of my hardware that are xp heavy.

i would not mind a xp version but i can understand the head aches of keeping up 2 versions.

The Following User Says Thank You to newf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ London, UK
Another vote for an XOP version here. :-)

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by TTgowings View Post
Xoubir, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for this application, OMFG !!

If anyone has a Vista box I can't recommend enough this application.
Well, unfortunately for me, I've just discovered this at work and do not have access to my home pc, but I have to say this will be awesome when I do.

I must say I'm surprised that there hasn't been more attention paid to your app here in the forums, in spite of the naturaly anti-pc bias In any event, I look forward to tinkering with it, thanks!