Active Topics

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
sometimes android whatsapp seem cant reconnect, until i reopen it

Originally Posted by jecargo22 View Post
Sorry if this came out already or posting in the wrong thread, but any idea if Android widgets work on sailfish? Would be good to make some use of the best ones in the notification or multitasking screen, for example. Are Live updates or similar in android apps visible on sailfish in any way? Or does the app needs to be in the foreground to see otherwise background updates and notifications? Is there for example a weather info from a android app showing anywhere in the notifications/lock screen?
Thanks
Think of it as a emulator/virtual machine. So, no widgets. Notification come through, but the app needs to be behind some other app, as otherwise it'll think it's visible for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
After one week of usage I can't wait for next jPhone. It will be epic with more mature software and hardware. I enjoyed the waiting room more than the actual product

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
jphone is a terrible name

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Elyos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
+1874862858469735984983
10 chars

always makes me think of this

http://zoey101.wikia.com/wiki/Drippin'_Episode!

or another fruity-ish phone from another manufacturer

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ London
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Think of it as a emulator/virtual machine. So, no widgets. Notification come through, but the app needs to be behind some other app, as otherwise it'll think it's visible for you.
If android widgets cannot be used, then at least a solution to increase the interactivity with future native Sailfish apps might be helpfull. The tiles in the multitasking screen is a good solution but limited to the size of the rectangles/tiles. Also, some apps dont need much interaction when running in background and their tile might be taking precious space on the limited multitasking screen from others. Perhaps the size of the tile could be changed for each app by the user for apps which are likely to be used mostly in background but provides frequent updates and/or interactivity. In that case, horizontal scrolling/swipe in the multitasking screen would be more convenient to accomodate more tiles? I guess this has been discussed before, so I leave it there.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Elyos View Post
jphone is a terrible name
jPhone is an excellent name. A product needs a name simular to Jolla's OS. To call the product jolla is just the worst idea. jPhone it is until Jolla comes up with a product line name.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
jPhone is an excellent name. A product needs a name simular to Jolla's OS. To call the product jolla is just the worst idea. jPhone it is until Jolla comes up with a product line name.
Jolla is excellent name, it gives the premium vibe. Also, the OS is named Sailfish..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Jolla is excellent name, it gives the premium vibe. Also, the OS is named Sailfish..
Jolla gives a premium vibe? Only in Finland...
Sailfish is standalone as brand. That's OK. Jolla isn't. Can name it:
Jolla FE(first edition)

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience