Active Topics

Posts: 513 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Sweden
I will get my hands on a jp1 in a few days and will happily test both pyqt and pos apps. The sailfish python scene seems to be a bit dead atm so it can only get better from here. Will also check if openrepos work with the jp1.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Ok, I just got my jphone a few hours ago and after some fiddling with enabling dev mode I finally got zypper to work properly and installed pyqt and I can confirm that it works just fine. Now I'm thinking of creating a repo on openrepos called "sailfish-lib" as a place where we could put libs that are well tested and used by many different apps. Openrepos would be the right place for that yes/no?

Edit: So there's absolutely no excuse anymore for not porting all those opensource maemo/meego python apps to sailfish.
But the WM7 "horse" has a blood lineage tracing back to donkeys such as WM6.5, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 that was fully neglected for too many years and Microsoft did sweet F all to maintain it (still running on Pocket IE4/6!!).

Last edited by xerxes2; 2013-12-20 at 21:43.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Ok, I made an account on openrepos called sailfish_lib (dash doesn't seem to work) and put pyqt there.

https://openrepos.net/user/876/repository

Anyone that knows what they're doing and want to add quality libs that are used by many apps can just pm me and I'll give you the password.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to xerxes2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
I've started a Sailfish Python Development page over on the Mer wiki to try and collate the information/tools we've now got:

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Sai...on_Development

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mattaustin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Where can I find pyotherside-qml-plugin-python3-qt5

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Perth, Australia
Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Where can I find pyotherside-qml-plugin-python3-qt5
You'll need to add the 'mer-python3' repo first, and then install pyotherside. I added instructions on the Mer wiki:

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by mattaustin View Post
You'll need to add the 'mer-python3' repo first, and then install pyotherside. I added instructions on the Mer wiki:
Thanks. I managed to install gPodder from here but it's not in a working state yet.

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Germany
I don't know, if this is new, but I just searched for python packages on my jolla:

http://pastebin.com/DdDCnbX8

Code:
[nemo@localhost ~]$ zypper info python-lxml
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...

Information for package python-lxml:

Repository: jolla
Name: python-lxml
Version: 3.2.0-1.1.1
Arch: armv7hl
Vendor: meego
Installed: Yes
Installed Size: 22.8 MiB
Summary: ElementTree-like Python bindings for libxml2 and libxslt
Description: 
lxml provides a Python binding to the libxslt and libxml2 libraries.
It follows the ElementTree API as much as possible in order to provide
a more Pythonic interface to libxml2 and libxslt than the default
bindings.  In particular, lxml deals with Python Unicode strings
rather than encoded UTF-8 and handles memory management automatically,
unlike the default bindings.
Installed python-lxml, little test-script worked, so I think time is near to get python-apps into harbour

Last edited by EmaNymton; 2014-01-07 at 17:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to EmaNymton For This Useful Post:
Okay, I'm used to pyside but I thought I'd give pyotherside a go. Didn't start out well. Installed pyotherside-qml-plugin-python3-qt5 from repos, but now what? A simple
Code:
>>> import pyotherside
won't work for starters ("No module named pyotherside") so I'm obviously missing something basic here...

Tried different python versions (although 3.3 should be the one) on both device and emulator, and nothing, no pyotherside module in sight. Can anyone help?

Last edited by solbrit; 2014-02-19 at 09:44.