Active Topics

If @thedead1440 has not replied, you may want to send him a private message, he may be busy and overseen the post, he is very helpful. Then, once you get the solution, post it here to help other users =)

QAD cleaner worked to fix the camera for me. Specifically clearing the gps cache. After years of use I had a lot of cache.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Sacramento, CA USA
Originally Posted by salyavin View Post
QAD cleaner worked to fix the camera for me. Specifically clearing the gps cache. After years of use I had a lot of cache.
Didn't work for me.

I reflashed and reformatted and did the qad cleaner. Camera takes forever to open, then gives me the error to restart, and no changes after restart.

I have faced same issue sometimes. And looks like it relates to Cutetube
first. So I limit using Cutetube.

I did not install anything after flashing it. Nothing at all, and still no response from camera.

same for me. i replaced the battery and everything works fine except the cam. i checked all connections but the only cable that have to be disconnected are the ones for the display and the battery of course. i didn't do anything else to the device.

is it rather a hardware issue than software ? maybe i ll disconnect the battery again, suck all electricity out and try again ;-) if you know another solution please post here. don't wanna lose my N9 but without cam i wouldn't wanna use it .....

well, no luck. reflashing didn't help nor disconnecting the battery. must have damanged something while replacing the battery :-/
what a shame

Well, I never even unscrewed mine. Never tried to replace a thing. Haven't even droped the thing......camera just stopped working one day and until this day.......not working.

Multiple flashes, left it on charger for month's, left it unplugged for months - no difference.

I don't know/understand how something can just stop working for no reason.

OK, i remember that my cam had sometimes issues before replacing the battery. like it would crash etc. but i worked. so it seems to be an ageing problem or whatsoever. strange that some people have this issue after replacing the battery.

well, it s time to keep the N9 as a spare phone and look for alternatives. i can't invest all my spare time to keept this device running ;-)
cheers

Hello! Please help me the following issues:

*N9 "camera not responding ..." I did a lot of times these steps:

Restore Settings, and remove the device, flash the firmware, eMMC (2 files downloaded 1.86 1.16 G + G from: NaviFirm +, mrcrap), installed applications related to camera: camera pro N9, nokia panorama, sefl timer , ... but all does not work. I have tried:

apt-get install - reinstall camera-ui-settings-camera-ui-y libqcamera1 454 libomap3camd

*and the result is:

BusyBox v1.20.0.git (MeeGo 3:1.20-0.2 m8 +0) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ Devel-su
Password:

BusyBox v1.20.0.git (MeeGo 3:1.20-0.2 m8 +0) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ # Apt-get install - reinstall camera-ui camer
a-ui-settings-454-y libomap3camd libqcamera1
Reading package lists ...... Done
Are building dependency tree ...
Reading state information ... Done
Package is recommended:
camera-ui-l10n-engineering-english
The following packages will be upgraded:
camera camera-ui-ui-settings-454
libomap3camd libqcamera1
4 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 4 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded.
Need to get 1,365 kB warehouse.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will duocchiem.
Get: 1 https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com. / Camera-ui-settings-454 2.110628.0 +40.2012.21.3.25880 +0 +0 m6 m8 [1,616 B]
Get: 2 https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com. / Libomap3camd 1136-1 +0 m8 [826kB]
Get: 3 https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com. / Libqcamera1 3.120120.0 +0 m8 [116kB]
Get: 4 https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com. / Camera-ui +0 3.120216.2 m8 [422kB]
New get 1,365 kB in 12s (109kb / g).
(Reading database ... 43 616 entries hoacthu files currently installed.)
Preparing to replace camera-ui-settings-454 2.110628.0 +40.2012.21.3.25880 +0 +0 m6 m8 (using ... / camera-ui-settings-454_2.110628.0 +0 +0 m6 +40.2012.21.3.25880 m8_all . deb) ...
Unpacking replacement camera-ui-settings-454 ...
Preparing to replace libomap3camd 1136-1 +0 m8 (using ... / libomap3camd_1.136-1 +0 m8_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libomap3camd ...
Preparing to replace libqcamera1 3.120120.0 +0 m8 (using ... / libqcamera1_3.120120.0 m8_armel.deb +0) ...
Unpacking replacement libqcamera1 ...
Being prepared camera-ui replacement 3.120216.2 +0 m8 (using ... / camera-ui_3.120216.2 m8_armel.deb +0) ...
Not [un] registering the schema, it will be done inthe gconf2 trigger
Unpacking replacement camera-ui ...
aegis-installing camera-ui-settings-454 (from 'com.nokia.maemo')
libomap3camd aegis-installing (from 'com.nokia.maemo')
libqcamera1 aegis-installing (from 'com.nokia.maemo')
aegis-installing camera-ui (from 'com.nokia.maemo')
Processing triggers for applauncherd-launcher ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Processing triggers for gconf2 ...
gconftool-2: I've been haxored to use xml :: / etc / gconf / gconf.xml.defaults as the config source.
Resolved address "xml :: / etc / gconf / gconf.xml.defaults" to a writable configuration source at position 0
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/value 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/value'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/value 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/methods 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/methods'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/methods 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/logical_name 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/logical_name'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/02_TTLS/logical_name 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/value 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/value'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/value 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/methods 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/methods'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/methods 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/logical_name 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/logical_name'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/03_PEAP/logical_name 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/value 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/value'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/value 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/methods 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/methods'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/methods 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/logical_name 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/logical_name'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/type/01_TLS/logical_name 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/MSCHAPV2/value 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/MSCHAPV2/value'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/MSCHAPV2/value 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/MSCHAPV2/logical_name 'tokey` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/MSCHAPV2/logical_name'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/MSCHAPV2/logical_name 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/EAP_MSCHAPV2/value 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/EAP_MSCHAPV2/value'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/EAP_MSCHAPV2/value 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/EAP_MSCHAPV2/logical_name 'to key` / system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/EAP_MSCHAPV2/logical_name'
Installed schema `/ schemas/system/osso/connectivity/ui/wpaeap/method/EAP_MSCHAPV2/logical_name 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_GTC / value 'to key` / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_GTC / value'
Installed schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_GTC / value 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_GTC / logical_name 'to key` / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_GTC / logical_name'
Installed schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_GTC / logical_name 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_PAP / value 'to key` / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_PAP / value'
Installed schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_PAP / value 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_PAP / logical_name 'to key` / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_PAP / logical_name'
Installed schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / connectivity / ui / wpaeap / method / EAP_PAP / logical_name 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / input_feedback / volume / pulse 'to key` / meegotouch / input_feedback / volume / pulse'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / input_feedback / volume / pulse 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / input_feedback / volume / vibra 'to key` / meegotouch / input_feedback / volume / vibra'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / input_feedback / volume / vibra 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority1/pulse 'to key` / meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority1/pulse'
Installed schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority1/pulse 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority1/vibra 'to key` / meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority1/vibra'
Installed schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority1/vibra 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority2/pulse 'to key` / meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority2/pulse'
Installed schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority2/pulse 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority2/vibra 'to key` / meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority2/vibra'
Installed schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/input_feedback/volume/priority2/vibra 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / enable_power_saving 'to key` / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / enable_power_saving'
Installed schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / enable_power_saving 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / force_power_saving 'to key` / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / force_power_saving'
Installed schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / force_power_saving 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / psm_threshold 'to key` / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / psm_threshold'
Installed schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / psm_threshold 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / possible_psm_thresholds 'to key` / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / possible_psm_thresholds'
Installed schema `/ schemas / system / Osso / dsm / energymanagement / possible_psm_thresholds 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/i18n/language 'to key` / meegotouch/i18n/language'
Installed schema `/ schemas/meegotouch/i18n/language 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / correctionengine / zh 'to key` / meegotouch / inputmethods / correctionengine / zh'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / correctionengine / zh 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / desktop / MeeGo / background / portrait / picture_filename 'to key` / desktop / MeeGo / background / portrait / picture_filename'
Installed schema `/ schemas / desktop / MeeGo / background / portrait / picture_filename 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / apps / call-history / settings / defaultPage 'to key` / apps / call-history / settings / defaultPage'
Installed schema `/ schemas / apps / call-history / settings / defaultPage 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / layouts 'to key` / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / layouts'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / layouts 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / layouts / default 'to key` / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / layouts / default'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / layouts / default 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / correctionenabled 'to key` / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / correctionenabled'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / correctionenabled 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / correctwithspace 'to key` / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / correctwithspace'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / correctwithspace 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / fuzzyselected 'to key` / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / fuzzyselected'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / fuzzyselected 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / wordpredictionenabled 'to key` / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / wordpredictionenabled'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / wordpredictionenabled 'forlocale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / chinesetransliteration 'to key` / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / chinesetransliteration'
Installed schema `/ schemas / meegotouch / inputmethods / VirtualKeyBoard / chinesetransliteration 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / Messaging / Settings / ShowDeliveryReportSettings 'to key` / Messaging / Settings / ShowDeliveryReportSettings'
Installed schema `/ schemas / Messaging / Settings / ShowDeliveryReportSettings 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / Messaging / Settings / DeliveryReport 'to key` / Messaging / Settings / DeliveryReport'
Installed schema `/ schemas / Messaging / Settings / DeliveryReport 'for locale` C'
Attached schema `/ schemas / Messaging / Settings / ShowSMSCSettings 'to key` / Messaging / Settings / ShowSMSCSettings'
Installed schema `/ schemas / Messaging / Settings /