Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
love the updates!!...really hoping for Youtube integration!!...that would rock....also playback of the .flv videos...option to save them to my n800 built into Canola would be great!

Thanx again for the great work!

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Youtube is almost there =) actually is fully done ( streaming videos ) but there seems to be a bug with mplayer that some videos fails. We are investigating.. but the plan is to have it in the next big update!

About the save the videos, that was the goal, but we cannot stream / save at the same time at the moment. It seems that the way mplayer streams doesn't let us do that. Of course people will be able to download it using the future videocast feature but we are not going to dive into this right now.

BR
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Honestly, I have seen very little change between the versions, in fact none. I have deleted the entire program and tuning and still see the same ID3 tag mistakes on the reinstall. Is there a database thats needs to be removed somewhere? All my music has been repaired with fixtunes and everything is perfect in the files. I just don't get it. Mediabox loads all the files quickly and displays all album covers and artistnames and titles perfectly! Am I not getting something. I think your goals with Canola may be too complex for someone who needs a simple MP3 player.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
@rjoudrey :
You should not see it, actually you should not see almost at all.. why? because sometimes they are bugs (happily) you haven't faced =)

The thing is : we are not nearly done rj, and once it's there it will be able to load correct (and some incorrect) media files and display them correctly.

If the ID3 problems still happening, it's because it was not fully fixed. There was nothing on the changelog about it : / it's because takes more time.

We are just releasing faster,.. to make sure we get feedback faster than the software evolves faster.

You should not consider "each release" as a new version. They are small. iterative updates searching for a common goal.

But hei, no worries, I am a advocate for choice as I talk a lot here... if it's not able to fulfill your needs you have plenty of options eg: the media box as you said.

Unfortunately for me, mediabox doesn't even handle my photo collection, thus I can choose between quiver and canola, both can handle it and then I decided which one to use. Problems will always happen, then is up to the applications to evolve and fix them.

So, in the end : it was 5 days work, did you really think we were going to do some major updates? =)

ps: try deleting it (/home/user/.canola/canola.db ) but if there's a bug still on our id3 parsing.. it will still be there.

cheers,
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Originally Posted by jdsemma View Post
It actually installed for me on the first try! Yay!

A weird problem I noticed -- when using the N810's keyboard, I couldn't get the 'fn' or caps keys to work at all. This resulted in me having to pull up the onscreen keyboard in order to type in a URL, since I couldn't get a / or ? or = any other way...
I noticed if one continues to hold the Fn or Caps key while typing it should work just fine.

Originally Posted by sxm View Post
just updated... where are the photos??????????
When I removed any big sized pictures and reopened Canola, it now shows all of my pics.

Last edited by Glenn7500; 2008-02-11 at 07:26.

hi glenn,

Originally Posted by Glenn7500 View Post
When I removed any big sized pictures and reopened Canola, it now shows all of my pics.
could you open a bug in garage and upload these big sized pictures that are preventing canola from showing your pictures?

this is probably an issue with the configuration of lightmediascanner, the open source project that canola uses to parse media files. currently if it takes more than 1 second to parse any file, it skips this file and it may loose some other files that were previously processed. this should not happen in pictures as we read only the headers and the exif tags of the files, but there might be some bug in the scanner with those big images.

thanks for reporting your feedback!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Recife
@Rocketman:

Please fill a bug report with the URI's of the podcast feeds that do not work for you, and I will have a look.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by handful View Post
Unfortunately for me, mediabox doesn't even handle my photo collection, thus I can choose between quiver and canola, both can handle it and then I decided which one to use. Problems will always happen, then is up to the applications to evolve and fix them.
Can you please file a bug-report for mediabox regarding the photo collection? That would be great! Thanks and keep up the impressive work with Canola (although I don't like it being closed-source).

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chicago, IL
Marcelo

Any update on bug #2117, Hardware keys do not FF or Rewind, beta 3 did not address it

Closed Thread