Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Although I am too careful with my jolla, and never put it anywhere but either in pocket or in desk, the white OH has some smudges that look like plastic is worn off.
Wet wipes do not remove them, so I tend to believe they are just worn off plastic. Result is matte look is lost, giving slowly its way to some glossy one.
Anyone else with same problem? Is it possible that it is not plastic worn off and it can be cleaned somehow?

EDIT: To clean smudges off the white OH, just use some soft fabric, or cotton, and some ethanol, at least 70%. Ethanol 95% does same good job, no side-effects.

Last edited by gsalone; 2014-01-25 at 09:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to gsalone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Don't have any wear that looks like smudges. Altough the glossiness has somewhat worn off and its starting to look more matte.

You could try wiping it with strong ethanol. That should be pretty good for dissolving organic smudges. The plastics seems to be ethanol resistant, or at least it didn't get damaged after I used paper towel soaked in 70% ethanol to sterilise it after a lab accident that involved getting bit of liquid bacterial culture on my phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Don't have any wear that looks like smudges. Altough the glossiness has somewhat worn off and its starting to look more matte.

You could try wiping it with strong ethanol. That should be pretty good for dissolving organic smudges. The plastics seems to be ethanol resistant, or at least it didn't get damaged after I used paper towel soaked in 70% ethanol to sterilise it after a lab accident that involved getting bit of liquid bacterial culture on my phone.
Haha, that kind of incident reminds me how my N9 ended up covered by urticating insect' setae after another lab accident (well, rather a field accident in my case).

Science is killing our phones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
maybe like this?

http://www.amazon.de/Q-Connect-KF045...ngst%C3%BCcher

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by cvp View Post
maybe like this?

http://www.amazon.de/Q-Connect-KF045...ngst%C3%BCcher
That seems to be for cleaning glass screens. So...ummm.. for inorganic materials. OH is made of some sort of plastic, ie. organic polymer.

Propably not very good. I would still recommend some sort of organic detergent.

Best to do trials by:
A.) removing the OH
B). Do trial on a small area on the backside of OH.
C). If B didn't do any harm, use it to clean the front facing side of the OH.

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
That seems to be for cleaning glass screens. So...ummm.. for inorganic materials. OH is made of some sort of plastic, ie. organic polymer.
Actually on the back the of white cover, near to the visible "recycle" symbol there is a ">PC<" marking, so unless it's just a custom mark for the factory, I'd guess the OH is made in PolyCarbonate.

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
70% ethanol worked for me to remove some mud like smudges. Just a tissue with a bit of ethanol, wipe and it was gone.

The Following User Says Thank You to tiempjuuh For This Useful Post:
Posts: 259 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Athens, GR
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
70% ethanol worked for me to remove some mud like smudges. Just a tissue with a bit of ethanol, wipe and it was gone.
I had some 95% ethanol, cleaned everything, no problems whatsoever!

yay!!!