Active Topics

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
About the interrupt pin... atm it is exported to userspace... which works fine when phone is active.
Issue here is the deep-sleep where the phone goes. Seems that this interrupt-expoprted-to-userspace method is not able to wake-up the phone, so if it goes to sleep and you press a key on the keyboard .. nothing happens until something else triggers e.g. front proximity sensor is enough to wake up - then it processes the pending interrupt from the keyboard (and hopefully activates the screen - need a lot of dbus magic still (i don't want to restart mce service to get screen active))
Last I tested, the GPIO was able to wake up the device from suspend. Though, I wonder if it suspends back right after... I'll take a look.

In any case, first thing you should do in the handler is to get a cpu keep-alive going with MCE, so you don't get suspended (remember to release it once you have processed the event). See here the dbus API starting from this line:
https://github.com/nemomobile/mce-de...s-names.h#L327

BTW, why do you need the events to go through in suspend? Display is off then.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kjokinie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by kjokinie View Post
BTW, why do you need the events to go through in suspend? Display is off then.
If you have the keyboard left open -as there is now this "mini-laptop" position, it would be nice to wake up the screen from the keyboard. double-tapping/power-button-press seems to me a non-logical way to do this.

(but i need this also in the oled als/proximity interrupt)

edit: is the keepalive period really only 60ms ?

Last edited by kimmoli; 2014-02-06 at 14:42.

The Following User Says Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
If you have the keyboard left open -as there is now this "mini-laptop" position, it would be nice to wake up the screen from the keyboard. double-tapping/power-button-press seems to me a non-logical way to do this.

(but i need this also in the oled als/proximity interrupt)

edit: is the keepalive period really only 60ms ?
I think that's actually 60 seconds. It's just in case the client gets stuck somehow so system power management don't get screwed because of that.

The Following User Says Thank You to kjokinie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Perhaps! Depends on the quality of the parts coming in tomorrow. If they fit perfectly, they are +- the same shape as the released model.

Still have to look into them, but it *could be* that it is cumbersome to modify them, as they are not in Solidworks format. But that is pure speculation!

So: definitely yes, or maybe no. Sometimes.

http://media.giphy.com/media/ALvdHigd2gBqw/giphy.gif
After quite a hassle with the file conversion and solidworks settings (some funky stuff) managed to use the STL from the developer kit and made this:

Already ordered, so should be in next thursday!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ France
Is it possible to detach the keyboard from the case? (and use the keyboard without having the slider open) This is what I excepted from an other half keyboard, use it with NFC attached to device or remotely. (Bluetooth or WiFi?) That's the dream, freedom to use a hardware keyboard how you want. I shared this some time ago: https://twitter.com/baptx/status/339504368904712192

Last edited by baptx; 2014-02-06 at 18:19.

Originally Posted by baptx View Post
Is it possible to detach the keyboard from the case? (and use the keyboard without having the slider open) This is what I excepted from an other half keyboard, use it with NFC attached to device or remotely. (Bluetooth or WiFi?) That's the dream, freedom to use a hardware keyboard how you want. I shared this some time ago: https://twitter.com/baptx/status/339504368904712192
No.

This is not a bluetooth/wifi keyboard, but uses I2C. The two parts are connected with a hinge, without any risk of the two parts coming apart.

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by baptx View Post
It's a nice idea but not suitable on this oh!
Maybe dirkvl(after finishing and shiping this oh) or someone else can make a wireless keyboard made in a way to get detached from the oh when needed!

Dirkvl what about making an oh wallet after finishing this one? I don't think that it is going to be that difficult to design that(you already have the base from the keyboard) and maybe it will be useful for some people too
P.S: The same question can be done with a gaming pad oh

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:
While I am waiting for parts, I continue to practice on my reflow soldering! Some with minor touch-ups, but definitely getting the hang of it!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
free hint: Get some flux (preferably sticky stuff in a syringe, or a flux-pen) and sharp ~1.5mm tip to soldering iron, apply some flux around the chip and just swipe with the sharp tip.'slowly' maybe 3-4 seconds for each side, so that tip touches the chip 'legs' and pcb pads.

free hint: Get some flux (preferably sticky stuff in a syringe, or a flux-pen) and sharp ~1.5mm tip to soldering iron, apply some flux around the chip and just swipe with the sharp tip.'slowly' maybe 3-4 seconds for each side, so that tip touches the chip 'legs' and pcb pads.

two step ahead of you! -and 10 steps ahead of secret service-

The Following User Says Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
keyboard, limited-edition, otherhalf, qwerty