Active Topics

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
1.0.3.8 is quite an improvement for me also except for the 'Problem with connection' error. I don't think it's specifically a wifi issue but more of an issue transitioning between wifi access points or between wifi and 3g.

I'm guessing here but it appears to be queuing up error messages anddisplaying them in order. The process gets flooded with hundreds of messages to display.

The Following User Says Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
WiFi performance for me has gotten worse after every update, but I think the problem's with my router. At least it works most of the time.

Some routers wifi is fixed by restarting them completely.

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@rentze
I had access to some "confidential" b2b information from Jolla, where a very clear roadmap was provided. Unfortunately I do not feel at ease sharing it openly, because if Jolla wanted this to be shared they should have done it themselves.
But if they stick to it, what is coming in next PR will be HUGE! Nearly all major "holes" will be addressed in a matter of 2-3 months according to it.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Bug?
If someone call me, i can not tune my ringtone volume at all (vol + and -).. i think i did can in some point of Jolla's history?

Can someone give detailed instructions how the "show presence details" works and how does it correlate to the bar seen "under the clock"?

I have several accounts with various types of statusbar-colors, and if I click the available-one top-button, one of those accounts turn to green, others stay gray , after some time another one turns to green, others still staying gray.

So it seems that If I press just some top button, the account-bars change to that state, but randomly, meaning, some time some account follows it, sometimes dont.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
The "Show Presence Details" screen, (a pulley menu from the notifications screen) does indeed correlate to the green bar under the clock. But only one of your accounts needs to be set available for the green bar to show.

You can then select Offline, away or available for all accounts. Or you can select the individual account and select even more options such as hidden and offline. This screen does NOT show if the accounts are signed in, they will just refuse to go available.

You will need to check in you accounts, on the settings screen, that you are connected. The only way to check this is to click on each account in turn and if it does not ask you to sign in then it is ok.

There is some work needed in this area still i feel.

Last edited by bockersjv; 2014-02-11 at 08:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
I spent yesterday evening playing with my Jolla (after it being in the box for last 6 weeks) and after performing 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 updates I do see increases in usability.

Unfortunately for me, two big use cases are MMS support and Bluetooth phonebook access in my car. I realise these are perhaps not as high priority for others, but to use the phone as a daily driver I need these features.

I have recently replaced the battery in my N9 and am still very much loving this phone, I hope Jolla can really be the successor.

Thank you for your answer!

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
The "Show Presence Details" screen, (a pulley menu from the notifications screen) does indeed correlate to the green bar under the clock. But only one of your accounts needs to be set available for the green bar to show.
You can then select Offline, away or available for all accounts. Or you can select the individual account and select even more options such as hidden and offline. This screen does NOT show if the accounts are signed in, they will just refuse to go available..
Yeah, this feel pretty unlogical to me. If u select from the top-bars, accounts try to follow it (depending if accounts are logged-in) and then that status is shown in the bar under the clock. However, what is the point of showing one status of many? feels totally pointless when multiple accounts.

Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
You will need to check in you accounts, on the settings screen, that you are connected. The only way to check this is to click on each account in turn and if it does not ask you to sign in then it is ok..
By this do you mean "settings" -> "accounts" and then enabled or not? My google account 1 shows to be logged in and google account 2 not, still on the "Show Presence Details"- screen the google account 1 seems many times to be offline, and the google account 2 to be online, feels weird, or I am not understanding something.

Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Thank you for your answer!

Yeah, this feel pretty unlogical to me. If u select from the top-bars, accounts try to follow it (depending if accounts are logged-in) and then that status is shown in the bar under the clock. However, what is the point of showing one status of many? feels totally pointless when multiple accounts.

By this do you mean "settings" -> "accounts" and then enabled or not? My google account 1 shows to be logged in and google account 2 not, still on the "Show Presence Details"- screen the google account 1 seems many times to be offline, and the google account 2 to be online, feels weird, or I am not understanding something.
Maybe google is refusing multiple connections from same device?

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience