Active Topics

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
That would be understandable and acceptable, sure.

But IS it a play-store issue, or is it a matter of supporting android api's/features properly?
A fair question, although all the evidence so far seems to point to it being a Play issue

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Hmm, button on a wired headset still no go. No reaction or anything in media player nor phone app.
Is it a Nokia wired headset or an iPhone/Android wired headset? The pinouts are different and I would suspect only the iPhone/Android type are supported if at all.

THAT thing I would have thought would be a rather easy thing to finalize by the Jollas.
Not complaining, just saying...
I would have thought there's plenty ahead of that in the list of things to implement.

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Another couple of things that bugs me the most, the notifications screen (or whatever it is called) feels much to unused. Jolla should find out how it could be utilized better, a lot of screen estate is lost to nothing.
+1000 on that.

I wish they'd just stop messing about trying to be different to the N9 and blatantly copied the 3 panel layout that was so good on the N9.

Having all your events, notifications, meetings in one stream on one screen was great and didn't require some thumb bending swipe up from the bottom of the screen edge - a gesture I never used on the N9 either.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to aegis For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I also fully agree with Larswad and aegis. The lock/notification screen should be made to use much better. Right now there is "nothing" there to be used, except to use the pulley menu for few quick access items that we can't even arrange ourselves. Would love to have the N9 like notifications screen in place of the lock screen also.

Anyone been able to utilise bluetooth connections on android side? I wan't to get my Pebble working with this...

Is there one "do it all" command to re-enable all my Openrepos repositories or do I have to do it one by one in terminal (PuTTy)?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Is there one "do it all" command to re-enable all my Openrepos repositories or do I have to do it one by one in terminal (PuTTy)?
Depends, wheter you disabled, or removed the repositories ?
If you disabled, you can reenable like this

Code:
for i in $(ssu lr 2>&1 | grep openre | cut -d" "  -f3); do  ssu er $i ; done

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
I did

ssu dr openrepos-name of repository

so I only disabled them. Can still see them with ssu lr-command.

So I can use that looooonnng command you provided, right? It is scary long

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Is it a Nokia wired headset or an iPhone/Android wired headset? The pinouts are different and I would suspect only the iPhone/Android type are supported if at all.

I would have thought there's plenty ahead of that in the list of things to implement.
Yes, I know sadly enough too much about these TRRS issues.
It is an android/iphone one since I had to buy an adapter for it to work on my N900. It is the "Koss Porta Pro", the one with button on it.

Even if the iPhone crap-standard prevailed, the Nokia standard was the best one from an electrical point of view.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
I did

ssu dr openrepos-name of repository

so I only disabled them. Can still see them with ssu lr-command.

So I can use that looooonnng command you provided, right? It is scary long
LOL, yes - copy/paste in terminal from PC using SSH

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
In the video I linked above the reviewer claims that AD apps seem much smoother, he opens about 3 or 4 & demos them very briefly.
But yes if it's not officially noted in the release notes, then I guess one could assume he's just imagining things...
In my short tests there does seem to be some improvement in Android apps. Certainly Flappy Bird (sic!) is now smooth and fast, while previously it had low framerate (and thus was a tad easier...)

The Following User Says Thank You to Setok For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Depends, wheter you disabled, or removed the repositories ?
If you disabled, you can reenable like this

Code:
for i in $(ssu lr 2>&1 | grep openre | cut -d" "  -f3); do  ssu er $i ; done
Do you have the code for terminal?

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"