Active Topics

Notices

great app! thanks, only issue i seem to have is profile pic hasnt changed over in a week since altering it, still old one

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 1,345 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Paris, FR
Friends 1.0.2 is out.
A very small feature update, that might allows big things. Stay tuned !

Friends 1.0.2 is available on openrepos and OBS.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
not available on openrepos

Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
not available on openrepos
Fixed now. I uploaded on openrepos.

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Is it possible to uninstall the integration? I am afraid it might have rendered my Messages app unusable.

Uninstalling via Warehouse complains that it tries to remove system files.
Here is the error message:
Code:
Fatal error: Subprocess failed. Error: RPM failed: rm: cannot remove `/usr/lib/qt5/qml/Sailfish/Contacts/ContactCard.qml': No such file or directory
mv: cannot stat `/opt/friends-integration/ContactCard.qml.old': No such file or directory
error: 0x44a2814creun(friends-integration-0.1.0-1.1.1.armv7hl) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: friends-integration-0.1.0-1.1.1.armv7hl: erase failed
EDIT:
Ok, I fixed my problems by reinstalling sailfish-components-contacts-qt5, but you should really be more careful with the preun.sh script... It first deletes a system file and then tries to restore it. In case the second step fails, you end up with broken system.

Last edited by nodevel; 2014-03-17 at 23:01.

Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
Is it possible to uninstall the integration? I am afraid it might have rendered my Messages app unusable.

Uninstalling via Warehouse complains that it tries to remove system files.
Here is the error message:
Investigating, and pushing urgent 0.1.1 fix for this issue.
PS: please move to friends integration support thread instead of this one (any kind admin mind moving the two posts to friends integration thread ?)

The Following User Says Thank You to Sfiet_Konstantin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
Hi

I am following your application for some time now. THX a lot for your initiative. I also had it on the n9.

There is one strange thing that might have been a subject here either: Some of my facebook friends are not listed in the friends app, neither on Sailfish nor on Meego. Out of 92 friends I am missing 3 of them. Unfortunately one of them is very important, making the friends app unusable for me right now.

Would you have an idea, why this problem can arise? Is it a 'settings problem' on their side? (Well I cannot ask them to change their settings, I guess)

THX in advance

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
@minimec I already had some contact with a Jolla Sailor and we discussed about the integrated facebook sync in SailfishOS - which is also missing some of mine friends and this COULD be of some privacy setting though I am not sure if this also affects friends (app).

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
@minimec I already had some contact with a Jolla Sailor and we discussed about the integrated facebook sync in SailfishOS - which is also missing some of mine friends and this COULD be of some privacy setting though I am not sure if this also affects friends (app).
I had this issue also with integrated facebook sync. I solved it by removing user from contacts, disable facebook account from settings and re-enabling sync. After that it worked fine again. Don't know if that will also affect to non-intergrated facebok client.

Posts: 97 | Thanked: 318 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Switzerland
@willi6868

Indeed these friends are also missing in the Sailfish contacts app (well one of them). I did not realize that until now, as I just copied over all contacts from my N9, the time I got my Jolla phone.

@junnuvi

Could you be more specific on that? You removed an already synced user and disabled your facebook account in the Sailfish settings and reanabled sync? I don't really understand that.