Notices

is there any way to add 'add to notes' or something like that when scanning qr code? atm you can only copy the text, or open in the browser..

The Following User Says Thank You to siN900 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by siN900 View Post
is there any way to add 'add to notes' or something like that when scanning qr code? atm you can only copy the text, or open in the browser..
I was wondering the same thing but looking back at previous posts I found that lardman helpfully created a python plugin to save barcodes to a text file in this post
  • Save the file from that post and rename it to: isbn_saver.py
  • Copy script to the N900 dir: /usr/share/mbarcode/plugins/pythonqt
  • Make sure that python-pyside is installed.
  • Run mbarcode and the plugin should now appear.
  • Barcodes will be saved to /home/user/barcodes.txt

This is now a much faster way of importing all my books into Alexandria.

Thanks to lardman for the great work on this app!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cas07 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MerfMerf View Post
The string read is displayed as: "MECARD:Testname;TEL;666666;;" and mBarcode give me the following options:
*Rating from Informed Individual
*Give opinion with Informed Individual
*Open iMode data (Does nothing)
*Search the Web

Taping Open iMode data does nothing. I get the click from the n900 confirming my tap, but nothing happens. The other options seem to work as intended (not familiar with Informed Individual so can't say for sure, but at least these options do something).
I had the same problem where tapping the "Open iMode data" does nothing but a mare click. I searched for info on the forum for this situation and meanwhile kept clicking and trying to see if it works...

Ok, here is the deal: apparently while seemingly nothing happens on the phone screen the contact info had been quietly added to my N900 address book (several copies in fact, for each tap try I did).

Also interestingly: there must be several ways to encode QR contact info (clearly I am not an expert here), and I found out that the plugin QR that generates QR codes out of your address book entries (not mbarcode but a different one that integrates with the standard address book top menu) produces different "vcard" type or QR contact info. This type of QR is recognized by mbarcode and is asked if you want to import the card.

Anyways, just chipping in with my findings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Discoveryellow For This Useful Post:
Hi there, i recenly instaled mbarcode but while testing it's not showing camera image but black screen with white squares there icons where supposed to be.

Must say im using CSSU-Thumb and got fcam-drivers package installed for rawcam app

Any hints?

The Following User Says Thank You to pinoverclock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 47 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
I haven't updated in a while(since for some reasons I got an android phone now and only use my n900 as internet tablet and to take photos with), but it worked for me with mbarcode and fcam at the same time.

I did however have problems once with mbarcode where a complete uninstall of all mbarcode packages and re-install fixed it for me

The Following User Says Thank You to LordVan For This Useful Post:
I haven't used, tested or done any development on mbarcode for a long while, but my best guess would be that Qt's version or some other library's version that comes with the CSSU for some reason conflicts with the one we have developed against.

The Following User Says Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:
Ya, I've ested and done some program on mbarcode severals, I wanna say that the mbarcode is very useful, and I believe it will get a better development.

The Following User Says Thank You to office barcode For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
I still use my N900 day to day and love mbarcode; recently wanted a way to use the bitcoin cryptocurrency more eaily on it; while I could install the regular packages, running the daemon would take too much battery power all the time to sync up and be too slow I think for my less-regular network access. So a simpler combination of..

my own mbarcode btc qr-code plugin (in python so far) and a web service to manage the bitcoin side - planning my own secure wallet-like simple https service that doesn't store your whole private key to keep it more secure.

got the qrcode scanning plugin to handle that bit but the plugin can't yet ask for amount or close down when its scanned (need more docs! and qt experience/knowledge! though ui for that bit looks more like gtk just as a user perspective).

will probably do a separate thread for it but prompting here to start with.. anyone keen for this to happen? interested to help?/offer links to existing tools/mbarcode docs (seen isbn_saver plugin thats all), or even donate to motivate/request specific features?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jgbreezer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 36 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Slovakia
Originally Posted by jgbreezer View Post
I still use my N900 day to day and love mbarcode; recently wanted a way to use the bitcoin cryptocurrency more eaily on it;
Mee too.
If you manage to write any piece of softwere, post it here and don't forget to publish your BTC address. I'm bookmarking this page.

I'd love to have some lightweight client running without chroot, but the only thing I've been able to run is Multibit. It's SPV, but slow as hell on N900 (we're talking about full desktop JRE here )

The Following User Says Thank You to Deafboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Well, I've had this on my mind for ages now and back in early February after my last post, I set to work to see how hard it was to create a plugin. I got it running my code easily; that wasn't much more than a copy of the example python plugin. All I had it do was extract the address (whether "bitcoin:" prefixed or not and do a basic pre-check on its validity - not the proper one from the wiki at bitcoin.it), and log the bitcoin address to a file to check it worked ok. Seeing as I kinda forgot how to do gui's and I'd lost the code for my (simple) original py-gtk app I did a couple of years ago when I learnt how to use gtk a bit.

So now I'm diverging from this thread topic a bit, in order to avoid hijacking it see THIS new one...

Last edited by jgbreezer; 2014-04-13 at 22:54. Reason: add link to another post just-created

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgbreezer For This Useful Post:

Tags
barcode, camera, mbarcode