Active Topics

My alarm snoozes after one set of rings, thats an issue lol

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Still, the mobile data connection switching itself on is a CRITICAL bug, Jolla are endangering their customers into having to pay huge amounts of money if they happen to need to travel abroad with it as main device. This should not have happened.
Ok.. I can confirm that :O, but you can set data roaming off and you should, if you travel.

i have always connection ON so, it's not that bad for me and this time it working with a Wlan . I think 1.0.3.8 is the worst update which Jolla ever has (from day one from Helsinki [163 :P]). After the factory reset it jumped over it . Fist update was 1.0.2.5 and then 1.0.4.20.

Now even android cover is not suddenly closed. People app is get closed ~2x, but nothing else.

What i want? You may ask.

-2tab zoom out from the zoomed photo/gallery picture. Should be there already!
-if you delete some "ben larger" email (uknow you do not want to read it) it say unreaded 1 in deleted mails. Can it be like: delete function -> mark as read & delete?
-Home screen scrolling lags, not much but it will, if you swipe, wait, swipe, wait (easy to confirm with a tool inside developer menu). Something doing with cpu/gpu MHz and touch or not touch?
-whole Sailfish working with a landscape mode .
-able to copy text with the browser (text on pages)

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Woke up this morning to find that my wifi didn't work - Jolla couldn't find ANY wifi. My netbook worked fine.
After reboot it has connected again - but my icons were distributed randomly.
This keeps getting better and better -.-
You try that??

Code:
version --dup
if that is not work, you have to reset it OR your Jolla is broken. When and if you reset your jolla.. After backup, delete all your pictures and videos .

Originally Posted by Makeclick View Post
You try that??

Code:
version --dup
if that is not work, you have to reset it OR your Jolla is broken. When and if you reset your jolla.. After backup, delete all your pictures and videos .
What does that command do?

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Fortunately I did disable openrepos before updating but now I don't remember which ones I had enabled, any way to find them???

Also yesterday when hanging up on a call phone randomly rebooted have no idea why and haven't been able to reproduce.

Posts: 236 | Thanked: 223 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ switzerland
version --dup update your OS to latest version. But i am unable to find any document about this command. i think it compare packages version and install proper one for the version you ask for, in this case it is not specified, so it take the latest one.

As for the disabled repos, you can check the ssu -lr command which will list repos, even disabled ones.

Last edited by Mitrigol; 2014-03-20 at 10:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to Mitrigol For This Useful Post:
Anyone else experiencing this problem:

i set up wpa enterprise by hand (eduroam). After the update my /etc/resolv.conf doesn't get a valid nameserver entry (only localhost, 127.0.0.1 as nameserver)

---

Edit: other wireless networks worked fine.

Edit2: a reboot did the trick (still have no clue why only eduroam was affected)

Last edited by gaelic; 2014-03-20 at 10:14.

Was connman updated at all?

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Now I think it's time to go with promise of launcher to android and later Sailfish for nexus. According to jolla it's so easy to get it up and running on different hw. Bring it on!
I wouldn't want Jolla to use resources for any of these... other more sought features plus outstanding bugs come first. Then again, there are business reasons why Jolla would want to start porting to lesser devices just now - I guess a question in tjc + voting would sort out the desire level gauge.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
Was connman updated at all?
That's my understanding... I haven't tested too much just yet myself.

Tags
"soon", "sooner", "when?"