Active Topics

hi all
i am trying to download an app from jolla store. all i get is waiting and a rotating circle. this is taking forever. how do i install an app.?
thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to thewall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by 4lpha View Post
Hey max83,
you still working on the kernel?
sorry mate I am very busy these days, I am busy at work specially third quarter of each month, I found some drivers havent tried on my beloved N9, coz as you might know my N9 faced a problem and it was under service for more than 2 months, I will do my best to accomplish this mission.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to max83 For This Useful Post:
Nice and runs pretty smooth though has bugs. couldn't download from store, browser is a pain.

I also enabled frame yesterday. i correct that by editing with pc notepad the %conf..xml just remove simple between the strings

The Following User Says Thank You to yemko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Is there any ETA on when Sailfish will be usable for daily users, i.e. calling, texting/sms or online messaging, camera, applications, pretty much a fully working OS?

Right now I wouldn't want to install it on my phone, and I doubt many others would install it because of its current lack of functionality. Is Jolla helping with this effort or is it now just a community effort to port sailfish to the N9?

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

The Following User Says Thank You to Shadwblade2652 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
Is there any ETA on when Sailfish will be usable for daily users, i.e. calling, texting/sms or online messaging, camera, applications, pretty much a fully working OS?

Right now I wouldn't want to install it on my phone, and I doubt many others would install it because of its current lack of functionality. Is Jolla helping with this effort or is it now just a community effort to port sailfish to the N9?
Some of these already work: calling, texting/sms and Sailfish applications all work just fine already. We still need the camera to be fixed, as well as GPS and some bugs with the sound.

As for who's working on this: Jolla is not contributing, but is supporting the community efforts to do so. As I understand it, this is because of legal issues due to the devs' status as former Nokia employees. I also do not currently have a dev environment that would let me contribute to this, but I'm hoping to set one up next month and take a crack at the sound issues.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Is performance decent? That's the one concern I really have. If it's less laggy than nitdroid I think I'll hop on the Saifilsh wagon, but if its not at least fairly smooth then there'll be a problem.

And how is work on 1.0.3.X compatibility? Any progress?

Is performance decent? That's the one concern I really have. If it's less laggy than nitdroid I think I'll hop on the Saifilsh wagon, but if its not at least fairly smooth then there'll be a problem.

And how is work on 1.0.3.X compatibility? Any progress?
Performance is beautiful, most of the OS feels smoother than Harmattan. Some apps (e.g. Jolla store) feel a bit jerky; not sure whether this is the apps running slow or a problem with the touchscreen.

The Following User Says Thank You to taixzo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
Performance is beautiful, most of the OS feels smoother than Harmattan. Some apps (e.g. Jolla store) feel a bit jerky; not sure whether this is the apps running slow or a problem with the touchscreen.
Someone needs to put this into a consolidated list. It's a bit disorganized, and having just a bug tracker isn't very smart.

But you've convinced me to switch to Jolla, except for one thing. Is there a way to manually resize the partitions so I have more space for music and stuff on my harmattan partition? I don't like having only 4 GB of space on a device with 16GB of storage. The apps/OS shouldn't take up 75% of the storage space.

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Is there a way to manually resize the partitions so I have more space for music and stuff on my harmattan partition? I don't like having only 4 GB of space on a device with 16GB of storage. The apps/OS shouldn't take up 75% of the storage space.
Yes, of course. The default partition layout of N9 makes vague sense on a 16G device, bun on a 64G device it is fairly silly.
How to do it;
  • boot to ubiboot maintanance console
  • back up your existing partitions into tar files and ship off the device
  • use fdisk to repartition the device however you want it
  • format your new partitions
  • restore your data to device
  • fix the partition layout for booting in ubiboot.conf
  • profit

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish