Notices

As you might know, ADOM is being resurected with multiple bugfixes, brand new tileset and support for obscure platforms, including ARM. All thanks to successful crowdsourcing campaign.

You can get prerelease here. As far as I can tell it works perfectly on N900 (obviously, keybindings & terminal font size needs to be tweaked).

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to j9a For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 509 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Canada
The screen is just too small on the n900 for this to be playable, IMO. On the n810 it wasn't too bad due to the larger screen...

Better late than never Thank you for the great news!

If DoomRL and UnReal World will be ported - we would have had all the best rogulikes a few keyboard-clicks away!

Also, how does one change the keymap for playing ADOM?

Originally Posted by PrisonPlanet View Post
Better late than never Thank you for the great news!

If DoomRL and UnReal World will be ported - we would have had all the best rogulikes a few keyboard-clicks away!

Also, how does one change the keymap for playing ADOM?
Best way for true 80x25 on N900 is through mrxvt:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78822

To modify keymap edit .adom.kbd file

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
szopin, thanks! I didn't realize ADOM creates its configuration folder upon the first start. Will check out mrxvt as well. Btw, I see that you are fond of roguelikes as well -- what is your favorite of them all? Mine are Cataclysm: DDA and the abovementioned URW

Aapo put the old Cataclysm in extras-devel, not sure if latest versions are as clean compile as whales kept the original (one warning only through whole iirc), PRIME (the new ZAPM) stopped compiling on N900 soon after reactivation for example. Brogue, frozen depths (runs with qemu, brogue natively) and Rogue Survivor (win only): are probably my favourites. And adom of course. Btw, I wonder if glshim would allow now to compile dcss in graphical mode. Worked for quite a few games. (I might have a working arm version of AliensRL somewhere btw, never got access to DoomRL's sources, if you're interested could try to dig it up)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
If you mean that you might have N900-compatible AliensRL - then sure, upload it please

Originally Posted by PrisonPlanet View Post
If you mean that you might have N900-compatible AliensRL - then sure, upload it please
http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/50414310/file.html

Really not sure of dependencies, you'll have to follow the rabbit hole (the loading libraries errors will lead you, first step is liblua it seems), best results with mrxvt on cssu (cssu fixes the grey char bug, while mrxvt fixes unicode support somewhat), sounds should work (probably ogg support version of the lib, not sure) good luck, you'll need it even after getting it to run

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
szopin, thanks man! Hope it will work

Yes, I've installed CSSU immediately when I've heard of the grey terminal color fix, but I've yet to take mrxvt for a spin.

UPD

Hey it's working! Thank you once again. All I needed was to apt-get install libsmpeg0, which is strange, considering what you said about the dependencies. I have reflashed my phone 2 days ago and have only installed this much native apps from the Application Manager The sound is a bit stuttery, though.

We should put a separate thread for AliensRL I think, what do you say?

Last edited by PrisonPlanet; 2014-03-23 at 16:12.

The Following User Says Thank You to PrisonPlanet For This Useful Post: